***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm running a kangertech subox mini. Have two actually. This was my first proper ecig, and I think it's brilliant. Not sure you could do better for the money.
I'm now looking to upgrade though, need more wattage!

Soldato
What mod are you running it on, as a lot of mods cannot fire that low a wattage with a 0.5ohm coil and will just dump the fully battery power, so you may think its set to and giving 7w but it is actually giving 25w+...

You need to check what the minimum wattage your mod can fire at, if it is 3.3v or above then you getting 25+ watts, only way to get lower watts is with a decent mod such as the DNA40/200 or IPV350/350j and a few others.

It's a Sigelei 50w. I think it's lowest might be 3v but not sure. I tried going higher to say 17w and it just tastes burnt.

Have you checked the coil for hot spots?

No. I don't really know an awful lot about these things. :o

Could it be there isn't enough material inside the coil and it's just burning up too fast? It's the first time I've tried using the RBA head so highly likely I've not set it up properly.

I'm using an Aspire K1 to keep me going.

Soldato
Assuming the mods lowest power is 3V, with a .5ohm coil thats still 18W, and if you are getting burning at that low a power it is most likely your wicking is not up to the task.
Wicking is critical to getting a good vape and not dry/burnt hits, if the wick cannot soak in new juice faster than you are vaping it, it goes dry or burns.
I find having the wick fairly tight in the coils but loose and fluffy in the tails also keep the tails as short as possible.

As for coil host spots, you should have checked this Before wicking and vaping, basically, once you have built the coil on the deck, put it on a mod and turn the power down low (about 10w) then pulse fire until the coil glows, it should start glowing Orange in the middle of the coil before spreading out evenly to the ends of the coil, a hot leg will glow at one end of the coil or the other, i recommend watching a few build videos on youtube to teach yourself.

Soldato
It's a Sigelei 50w. I think it's lowest might be 3v but not sure. I tried going higher to say 17w and it just tastes burnt.

No. I don't really know an awful lot about these things. :o

Could it be there isn't enough material inside the coil and it's just burning up too fast? It's the first time I've tried using the RBA head so highly likely I've not set it up properly.

I'm using an Aspire K1 to keep me going.

When you made the coil, did you pulse it before wicking?
This is to check the coil is heating up from the inside out and making sure there are no hot spots (bits that glow red much quicker than the rest of the coil).

If you get them, pinch the coil with tweezers (not whilst pulsing!) until it behaves itself.

If you can take a pic of the build on your RBA I'm sure we can help out :)

^ balls, beaten to it, I need to check posts further down the page before commenting :p

Man of Honour
The prices are always good for items that are not in fashion.. Daz is a good lad and is one of the regulars, just glad you didn't go for chris' setup as he's a ****.. lol

are you amazed by the number of different and high end gear on the pages yet.. lol

Absolutely, I can't believe the amount of people still using Gennys on SV. I though they we're well out of fashion

I feel like I need a posh mod now

Didn't see one being sold by anyone named Chris, just a Jim , Daz and someone looking for a trade

Soldato
Absolutely, I can't believe the amount of people still using Gennys on SV. I though they we're well out of fashion

I feel like I need a posh mod now

Didn't see one being sold by anyone named Chris, just a Jim , Daz and someone looking for a trade

Yeah, there's a lot of season vapers on sv.. Origennies, Nextgens, Nextinys and Sat22s run supreme, me personally; I can't stand mesh.

Soldato
SV is Safer Vapers.

Mushtafa, you could have saved ordering them from Fasttech. £49 delivered for the two, get your coils from FT too, much cheaper.
As for trying out TC, the Uwell Crown SS coils heads dont work in TC on the RX200 but the NI200 will :)

Soldato
SV is Safer Vapers.

Mushtafa, you could have saved ordering them from Fasttech. £49 delivered for the two, get your coils from FT too, much cheaper.
As for trying out TC, the Uwell Crown SS coils heads dont work in TC on the RX200 but the NI200 will :)

I wanted it for Xmas, so ordered from the UK.

I thought I'd read there was a firmware update regarding the SS coils? Perhaps I read wrong?

Soldato
The v1.03 FW that shipped on the first batch did not work in TC mode, users were getting burnt cotton, now there is v1.07 and TC works better, however the RX200 support for SS wire is limited to a specific type, this however is not easily available info the last time i looked, suggestions were 304 or 316L... the coils in the Crown are not straight forward SS coils, they are hybrid as the legs are welded bits of NI200 and will throw off and TCR for SS wire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom