***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Yay, my parcel just landed from Sweden.. 2 days from ordering, it landed there and 24 days later it made it to these shores. Now I have to wait for customs and postie /sigh.

Man of Honour
Armomamizer rebuilt with 24Ga Ti 5wraps over 2.5mm came out to 0.08ohms.

Much better vape than I had been getting from it, need to finish the juice that was left in and and try some more Cuttwood Boss Reserve and see if that tastes normal again. Providing it can behave itself for 48 hours then I think I'll hang on to it, but leave it sat for occasional use as I find a slightly tighter draw and single coil for ADV purposes

Associate
Just coiled up the Jaybo Indestructable RDA dual coil 24 guage 317l ss 10 contacts wraps 3mm dia coming in at 0.26 ohms.

Very nice vape plenty of flavour and clouds.

Seems to run well in TC & wattage mode on the RX200.

Cheers all :)

Soldato
Have just started branching out a bit (building my own coils on a kanger mini etc), have got a TVF4 mini today and running the clapton rebuildable single coil that comes with it the problem i have is that i only have a 30W i stick to run it from , i have a mini snowwolf and a VTC mini on the way but im looking for something a bit more powerfull to run the other coils that come with the TVF4 (the reviews show them shining at about 80W) can anyone recommend a 2 battery mod that isn't huge or to expensive?

Associate
Have just started branching out a bit (building my own coils on a kanger mini etc), have got a TVF4 mini today and running the clapton rebuildable single coil that comes with it the problem i have is that i only have a 30W i stick to run it from , i have a mini snowwolf and a VTC mini on the way but im looking for something a bit more powerfull to run the other coils that come with the TVF4 (the reviews show them shining at about 80W) can anyone recommend a 2 battery mod that isn't huge or to expensive?

Its not a 2 battery mod but I would suggest the Wismec RX200 200 watt mod, which takes 3 18650 batteries, you can pick the mod up for around £45, well worth it in my opinion you can run it in wattage mode or temperature control mode plus it supports kanthal, nickel, titanium & stainless steel coils.

Been using mine for over a week now really impressed with the mod & also the battery life too.

Hope this helps :)

Cheers all

Associate
Jaybo & Jaybo, nice little combo

jaybo2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cheers all

Soldato
Its not a 2 battery mod but I would suggest the Wismec RX200 200 watt mod, which takes 3 18650 batteries, you can pick the mod up for around £45, well worth it in my opinion you can run it in wattage mode or temperature control mode plus it supports kanthal, nickel, titanium & stainless steel coils.

Been using mine for over a week now really impressed with the mod & also the battery life too.

Cheers all

Will have a look thank you.

Soldato
As for coil host spots, you should have checked this Before wicking and vaping, basically, once you have built the coil on the deck, put it on a mod and turn the power down low (about 10w) then pulse fire until the coil glows, it should start glowing Orange in the middle of the coil before spreading out evenly to the ends of the coil, a hot leg will glow at one end of the coil or the other, i recommend watching a few build videos on youtube to teach yourself.

When you made the coil, did you pulse it before wicking?
This is to check the coil is heating up from the inside out and making sure there are no hot spots (bits that glow red much quicker than the rest of the coil).

If you get them, pinch the coil with tweezers (not whilst pulsing!) until it behaves itself.

If you can take a pic of the build on your RBA I'm sure we can help out :)

Thanks guys.

Well, I tried fitting the 1.2ohm coil, and went to pulse the box at indicated 17W which says is 4V and it burnt one of the legs off the coil immediately. Bent out one of the coils and went again and cooked the coil in the middle splitting it immediately.

Is there any chance the box is knackered?

Man of Honour
The Wismec is only £35 at gearbest, think i will take a punt. Ive got Efest battery's are they OK or should i pay out a bit more?

Youll need to buy three cells to use solely together in the RX200 to ensure they are conditioned the same. Personally I would recoommend either the LG HG2 or Samsung 30Q from a reputable seller (Ecolux or Torchy on eBay)

Soldato

Cheers all

Can attest to this. Very heavy, probably the heaviest mod you can get, but if you can deal with that it's surprisingly comfy in the hand. Battery life is amazing, fell asleep last night and forgot to charge it, but it only died about two hours ago from full yesterday morning, and I'm chonging at 110-125W all day long.

TC works great, although I have had an issue with my SS316 coil dropping out of TC into power mode, and not being able to switch back. I have to unscrew the atomizer, switch mode, and screw it back on, sometimes several times. I think this is because I was using a 0.07 ohm coil - I believe that the TC starts at a low wattage and ramps up until it hits the limit or the temperature. This means that a heavy coil will not heat up much, and with the low TCR of SS316 and low ohms in general, the mod will have difficulty noticing the change from 0.07 and 0.075, and so thinks it's a kanthal coil, and drops into power mode. This would explain why it works after three or so tries as well.

That said I don't think you'll have an issue with it unless you build silly coils. I swapped back to a 0.13 ohms similar coil mainly so that if it does that I can still use it in VW mode, but it's only kicked out once.

Associate
Wherre did you get the RDA from roman?

My gearbest order hasn't even dispatched yet, and I'm getting impatient :)

Got it from Hausofvapes in Hull £25 inc postage cheaper than my local shop which was £75 for the full kit :(

Give them a call on 01482221883 really helpful bunch.

Lovely little RDA for £25 :)

Cheers all

Soldato
silly question, i have got some flat top battery's bought before my mod arrived from the UK while waiting...will they work ok? ive got a snowolf and a evic mini on there way?

Associate
I think the battery's will probably be like 50% power but still good to use

when the mod dont fire just pop it onto the recharger

And im pretty sure you dont need to full charge the battery, and the mod will make sure it wont drain the battery too much

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom