Corsa C, this drive shaft gaiter been fitted correctly??

Soldato
My son had the gaiter replaced as it had split.

The new one the independent garage fitted looks "wonky" for lack of a better word and isnt held on with metal ties, just normal cable ties. The tie isn't sat in the groove of the boot very well either if you look closely.

Should I be concerned?

Thanks for help guys.

23186416123_7a2931d783_c.jpg
[/url]2015-12-17_06-36-21 by poopy doop, on Flickr[/IMG]

Soldato
It's just a lip/groove so that the boot has something to secure into when tied and won't come off

Tbh cable ties are usually fine - though that doesn't look like it'll stay on long to me

Just Google image CV joint you'll see some, they're all much the same

Last edited:
Soldato
My explaining sucks a bit :),
akIt6PB.jpg

The boot goes on upto the bit shown by the red arrow, there are 3 'humps' in the gaitor which go into the cutout areas of the cv joint to prevent the grease legging it.

oqeRxeT.png

Soldato
OP
breadturbo and rodenal, thanks!!

Got it in mt head now, finally. Huge thanks guys.

So it looks like part of the gator is actually too far up if anything... hence looking wonky?

Also, the humps in the gaiter, if he used a universal one would it have those humps to stop the grease escaping?

Thanks again!

Soldato
OP
Thanks again, there must be 3 indents in the metal that the gaiter rests in then. I just didnt notice, I guess.

Will take a look tomorrow when he is back over here with the car. Will see if I can atleast seat the gaiter on properly so its even all the way round.

Thanks SO much for the help! :)

Back
Top Bottom