***The Vapers Lounge*** 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
So I've ordered an RX200 and Uwell Crown tank, both in black. Set me back just under £70 from Mail Order Vapes.

Look forward to trying out TC.

I have problem - I think.

With the air flow holes set at 75% & 100% open, I get a gurgling sort of feeling. Almost like I'm pulling air through the liquid.
I don't have this problem at 50% opening.

The only juice I've got at the moment is a DIY one, 90/10 VG/PG

EDIT: Just to add, I've done 3 tanks of juice so far today with it

Soldato
Well i did it, managed to get the OBS Crius built as a Single coil, used 25awg 317L SS, about 8 wraps on a 2.5mm rod, fresh on the DNA200 its reading .55ohms, so need to let it sit and adjust for a bit... but pre fired the empty coil on my Coil MaAster Tab521 and its glowing fine so hopefully it will work, the idea is a single coil will use less power, can be run in TC or Power mode which means i can run it on my DNA40 in power mode for driving....

Pictures:
Fresh built and no wick... just dry fired and strummed twice to get an even centre glow..
6ERwZY0.jpg

Wicked and ready to go in the tank..
LBSyeFQ.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Pictures were taken on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, im normally crap at taking shots but used HDR and came out well :)

So far my plan is failing, its at 70w pre heat, punch 6.5 and 50w normal ( same as i run in dual coil) and not even close to throttling.. Seams about the same as a normal dual coil build in the same tank??? im surprised... the airflow feels the same and its a warm vape but less vapor.

Soldato
Pictures were taken on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, im normally crap at taking shots but used HDR and came out well :)

So far my plan is failing, its at 70w pre heat, punch 6.5 and 50w normal ( same as i run in dual coil) and not even close to throttling.. Seams about the same as a normal dual coil build in the same tank??? im surprised... the airflow feels the same and its a warm vape but less vapor.
Not so much about the photos but how close that coil is from the posts.. That said photos are very good and clear, as good as most dedicated cameras I'm sure.

That's the coilmaster your building on i presume, worth the £35? I've mused over it but so far made do with estimations based on past experience.

Soldato
Ah right, yeah its a tight fit, was worried it would short but seams fine, 58w is the limit as i get low ohms error over that... but thats on the dual 18650 DNA133.

Yeah its the Coil Master 521 Tab, a great bit of kit and i got a Free Coil Master V3 coiling kit with it as part of a pre order deal from the site i got it from, very hand bit of kit, both of them... i use the coiler to make my twisted wires too...

Soldato
Interesting build, Have been pondering over having another go but with Ti in my aromamiser, and making it a vertical so that air will be hitting it from all sides

How is air going to properly get to the coil, I'd assume muted flavour also?

Associate
Well i did it, managed to get the OBS Crius built as a Single coil, used 25awg 317L SS, about 8 wraps on a 2.5mm rod, fresh on the DNA200 its reading .55ohms, so need to let it sit and adjust for a bit... but pre fired the empty coil on my Coil MaAster Tab521 and its glowing fine so hopefully it will work, the idea is a single coil will use less power, can be run in TC or Power mode which means i can run it on my DNA40 in power mode for driving....

Pictures:
Fresh built and no wick... just dry fired and strummed twice to get an even centre glow..
6ERwZY0.jpg

Wicked and ready to go in the tank..
LBSyeFQ.jpg

That looks awesome! Got to try it as I'm not liking the dual coil much. Eats up too much juice and it's not so kind on my battery. With the single coil I will be able to go well over a tank with. Single battery on TC and that's great!
Thanks for posting the pics.

Associate
Ok, moved the Aromamizer to the Reuleaux... 140w... can just about take a long enough toot to get to 200C.. Very hot, im really not sure the chip is registering the resistance change right with twisted SS wire cause the odd toot has a slight tinge to it.. lots of flavour otherwise but the tank is hot as a radiator, can not hold it for too long.. damn toasty.

Has anyone else tried Twisted SS in TC mode?

Have a dual twisted 24 gauge SS 304(4 or 5 wraps .1 ohms) in my Twisted messes.
Looking @ Escribe temp does not go much over 180c , i,m hitting it @ 170w preheat & 125 w.Good vape with the airflow about 2/3 open, if i do chuck more watts at it the vape does get hot.
I bought the SS 304 especially to see how it performs in TC with DNA 200 ,will have to try some none twisted to get a better picture.

Soldato
Interesting build, Have been pondering over having another go but with Ti in my aromamiser, and making it a vertical so that air will be hitting it from all sides

How is air going to properly get to the coil, I'd assume muted flavour also?

Yes the flavour and vapor are a little reduced, but not as much as you would think, im surprised how well its doing as like you say, the airflow will be less direct, but it is working far far better than expected, taking way too much power to get the flavour and vapor i want, but down at 40w its mediocre at best.

I had intended to do this in the aromamizer but as the decks are the same and the OBS is lighter, it though it would be better on the cloupor mini to keep the weight down a little.

Soldato
New and old set up nothing advanced.

IMG_20151219_114938.jpg

Man of Honour
Got home, coiled the SquapeR up with a simple 26ga Kanthal 7 wrap on the B deck. Flavour is incredible, and its a nice smooth relaxed vape at 24 watts. Lot of money for a tank but I in a very happy place right now. Airflow is just perfect for me direct lung wide open and I can comfortably vape it MTL with it closed down a hole or two. I just need to get back in touch with building to suit a mech as this will go lovely with the MCR101

download

Soldato
Glad you like it... Without going into the whole mech vs clones debate, I've never seen a clone squape but wonder how it works as the authentic has parts made from anti-conductive material...

Tbh most so called "high end" users only have three of each sort of item they use, then they have low/middle market stuff like the rest. :)

Soldato
Jealous. The amount of **** I've purchased that's gone in the cupboard or bin I could have bought 2 squapes. Must make the effort to buy one soon.

The truth about high end atties is that they pay for themselves.. not only are they consistent between pulls, but they are consistent between builds. And if the atty isn't your thing, it's easy to move it on and get something else, do it quick enough and you don't loose anything.

Low end atties tend to get binned or put back in the box when you don't like them.. lol

Soldato
Yep, all too true. The worst part is, I've been looking for the perfect single coil RTA for months now, I'd bet my left nut the squape is just that.

Will have to get some stuff moved on, did a clean out of my vaping cupboard earlier, binned a silly amount of older tanks, drippers and higher nic juices. Forgot I had an Aerotank Turbo, biggest waste of £25 I've spent :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom