Do you buy less from ocuk now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This was exactly what I said in the original post asking for feedback on the new site.

If I were a new customer after a specific piece of hardware and found OCUK via a search engine, I would probably look at the homepage and just scroll for a few seconds then go elsewhere. It just seems cluttered and too brash, and the adverts and selection areas are really annoying.

It's bad, because I used to browse the shop for the last 10 years probably once or twice a week, and if friends or workmates asked me about hardware I would open it up and explain parts to them - when the new site came online it just isn't enjoyable anymore, so the last time I went in there was Sep/Oct time.

Last edited:
Soldato
Always used ocuk but my latest order will be my last

Ordered a gaming chair on Wednesday night with next day delivery.

Expected ocuk to pick up the order thuirsday meaning iu would get it Friday

Saturday (Yesterday) still listed as order processing rang ocuk and was told

"I'm sorry were having a problem getting the chairs down from the racking in the warehouse"

Got to be the worst excuse ive ever heard. Don't they have stacker trucks and the like :rolleyes:

That is truly ridiculous. Makes you wonder how they got them up there in the first place?

Associate
Always used ocuk but my latest order will be my last

Ordered a gaming chair on Wednesday night with next day delivery.

Expected ocuk to pick up the order thuirsday meaning iu would get it Friday

Saturday (Yesterday) still listed as order processing rang ocuk and was told

"I'm sorry were having a problem getting the chairs down from the racking in the warehouse"

Got to be the worst excuse ive ever heard. Don't they have stacker trucks and the like :rolleyes:

What a stupid thing to say, having a problem getting the chairs down, sounds more like an excuse which itself sounds stupid.

I also find the new site utterly horrible and not a patch on the old one.

Last edited:
Associate
The layout is terrible either I was blind or just dumb because I couldn't find the forums link so just tyin oc forums and come strait on the forums

Soldato
Haven't looked on the site since the change let alone bought anything and I can't put my finger on why.

I don't think it's that this website is terrible, I think I found the older website so easy to navigate.

Anyway, get all of my stuff from other sites now.

Soldato
Who would be the appropriate person to speak to about these issues?

I'll have a few days of downtime over the holidays; I could look at the sales funnel UX and offer suggestions backed up with low-fi visuals.

My email should be in my Trust, not sure if my number is.

Cheers

Man of Honour
The new website is a little more harder to navigate around if i'm being honest. It hasn't deterred me from spending on the site but if I was a new visitor I think I would be a little bit put off. I've always enjoyed it's simplicity, if that makes sense so i didn't quite understand the reason to change. The old saying if it ain't broke..

Soldato
OP
The new website is a little more harder to navigate around if i'm being honest. It hasn't deterred me from spending on the site but if I was a new visitor I think I would be a little bit put off. I've always enjoyed it's simplicity, if that makes sense so i didn't quite understand the reason to change. The old saying if it ain't broke..

Bingo...

Soldato

If I am being completely honest, I think it looks rubbish, like really, really bad. The old site worked. It needed some new search criterea and categories, but it worked.

If I was first visiting OC I would not buy from them. The site looks like it was made by a 5yr old and looks dodgy. I wouldn't trust it with my CC details if I didn't already know them.

Just my bit.

For the constructive bit -

Less busy, less colour. Simplicity is key.

Last edited:
Caporegime

Can't you use your super moderator powers to bring back the old one? :p

Associate
Yes because the new website is an absolute pain in the rear to navigate compared to the old one, I hate it.

Half the time find myself on competitors websites, much better layouts I find.

Especially the Rainforest.

Caporegime
Had a little chat with a mate the other night about the new website and he said he's started using a Bolton based competitor simply due to the new site and its layout which he doesn't like.

Previously he'd bought from here on the "strength" of the old sites simplicity where now he sees no difference and has opted for the "equally crap" competitors site as he put it.

He's merely a punter, not a forum member here and as such no affiliation here whatsoever.

Personally, I still dislike the new site immensely.

Associate
The site doesn't put me off from looking because I know how good the customer support is.

However, yep the new website is horrendous and if I didn't know how good they were would avoid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom