Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Man of Honour
If they made it sound like a BDA or E30 M3 DTM car that would be good, but sadly seems they are going flat 4 and they sound horse **** to my ears.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
pure EV would be awesome :)

i had a 5 year plan for a boxer GTS, now it will be the EV version :)

As as I was aware, I didn't think they made a EV Cayman. I have always assumed it was just a model or a concept car.

I'd personally stick with the GTS idea, it's fanatic sports car and the fact it's the lasts of the 981 platform to come with a flat 6.

Caporegime
They haven't. Thats why everybody is talking about the appearance of it at the model shop.

is an all electric cayman to come next year ? Given Porsche's "Mission E" concept, i wouldn't bet against it.

RSR

RSR

Soldato

Hmmm its not a glowing review, she is hawt though. :D

Ironically it looks like ill have a 991.2 demo car after xmas to see if that can temped me away from the GTS. So ill do a mini review and my thoughts about it then.

Even though I am a bit annoyed you can't order buckets for one yet even though ive seen demo cars with buckets in them.

OcUK Staff
OP
[RXP]Andy;28964647 said:
Hmmm its not a glowing review, she is hawt though. :D

Ironically it looks like ill have a 991.2 demo car after xmas to see if that can temped me away from the GTS. So ill do a mini review and my thoughts about it then.

Even though I am a bit annoyed you can't order buckets for one yet even though ive seen demo cars with buckets in them.

Same all the new Porsche's are going:
More grip
Better handling
Nicer interior
Beter economy and lower emissions
Better ride quality (softer)

Are the positives! :)

But all those positives in my viewed are outweighed by the negatives:
7-speed manual, why why, the 6-speed is stunning!
turbo charges, the sound is not as good, no high rpm explosion and the harmonic sing at 6500rpm and above is lost.
Steering feedback lost since electric transition.
Too refined, lost their raw edge, not necessarily a bad thing.

Even Porsche realise how special NA is hence why the GT3 cars are still large capacity NA engines, just now the regular Carrera/Cayman have moved further away from the GT3 in terms of how they make you feel, yes the new cars are even closer in performance to GT3 cars, but are in reality now further away in enjoyment.

Still will be a great car and Porsche will sell bucket loads of them.

Soldato
I think the 991.1 and the 991.1 GTS will hold value very well now, I would have considered a new 991.2 if it was a normal NA engine but no way I'm going to dish out £100k for this.

Targa 4 GTS when the right one comes up, or maybe a normal GTS4.

Back
Top Bottom