*** The Official Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge Thread ***

Associate
I have a Samsung wireless charger (not the fast one) that I use for my S6 and it's really hit and miss as to wether it'll keep a reliable connection. I bought a much cheaper Chotech wireless charger from Amazon which I use at work and it doesn't miss a beat.

I'll be interested in hearing how reliable your fast wireless charger is over time, just to see if mine has picked up a fault or if it's common.

I have been using a third party wireless charger for a while and it works great.

I am interested in getting the fast version but don't know if it will justify the cost.

Permabanned
Received my Gear VR yesterday, mixed feelings about it really.

It works fairly well, I'm not sure I would say it was immersive as most of the content looks low resolution and pixelated for obvious reasons, still good for the price.

My main concern was overheating, within about 20 minutes of playing around with it a warning message appeared telling me my phones needs to cool down.

Pulled the phone out and it was very hot to the touch which is a little concerning. :(

Last edited:
Associate
I tried to get the beta, but it doesn't appear to available for the S6+. :(

On another note, whatever you do, don't drop your phone whilst out xmas shopping and smash your screen. It's an extremely costly affair.

Soldato
First impression of the beta is that scrolling is a lot smoother. Apps like Facebook, which used to judder if you scrolled quickly, are now buttery smooth.

There's an annoying persistent notification for 'Galaxy Beta Program' which I haven't figured out how to get rid of, though...

Soldato
Got the edge and tried downloading and installing the Care app as mentioned but when running the app I just get the message "Unsupported Device".

Back
Top Bottom