**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

Soldato
That video is a bit old now, How about an update now you have had them both longer?

I have both as well but just don't think the N6P is as good, all it has going for it is timely updates.

Everything else the Note 5 kicks a$$.

What do you think?

6P has better speaker(s), better looking software (IMO) and a 128GB option.

N5 has a better video camera.

I don't think there is much of a performance gap is there?

Soldato
6P has better speaker(s), better looking software (IMO) and a 128GB option.

N5 has a better video camera.

I don't think there is much of a performance gap is there?

Personally, the Note 5 speaker is actually very good. Yes, 6P's are slightly better, but it's not a huge difference. With Material Design theme applied, they look the same. As said in the video, Samsung does have some useful software (eg the camera app is better). I have a 64GB Note 5 and that's probably actually about 20-30GB more than I need.

N5 video is way better IMO, based on OIS. Also, the 6P is just a little too tall, too big bezels top and bottom.

That video is a bit old now, How about an update now you have had them both longer?

But as I say, I watched it again and it's basically how I feel now. I've not really used the 6P daily since this, so I wouldn't really have anything new to say.

Last year when I chose the Nexus 6, I sold the Note 4. This year it's a closer decision and I can't bring myself to sell the 6P just yet. If they fix video stability there's a chance I go back to it.

Having said that, I've got a Gear VR on it's way, which of course wouldn't work with the 6P.

Soldato
Lmao from those shots above, its not even close. Look at them cropped in, the Z5 is awful in comparison.

N5
0ix5wnR_zps4qnwuain.jpg~original

Z5
KN9k5ar_zpsynzqcxvx.jpg~original

Soldato
Shutter speeds appear to be different going by the car lights but guess the last one is Z5 with longer exposure too which isn't much of an improvement.

kbc

kbc

Associate
Guys, is there anyway at all to get the Note 5 lock screen to show more than just two notifications without having to click the + icon for more? It's kinda weird why you are just limited to two for such a big screen!

Associate
Got one arriving tomorrow, in silver titanium. Ordered a couple of Spigen cases, but looking for a decent glass screen protector, preferably full coverage, but might not be possible due to the screen curve. Any recommendations?

Back
Top Bottom