*** The Official Destiny Thread (now includes 2.0 and TTK) ***

Caporegime
Very clever, its working every Tuesday people go online to get the same item with a higher number :)

it's not clever at all. i haven't done a raid in about 3 weeks.

i levelled up my hunter so i may do one or two on him for drops but i'm not too bothered about the raid or nightfalls anymore.

the game feels a bit stale. hopefully laggy banner is good next week. they should make an algorithm which sticks everyone on dial up in the same match.

Caporegime
Have a look in the Offers & Bargains thread there's a post on buying PS4 stuff from other regions on the last page :)

on ps4 you cannot use content from another store/region on a copy from another store/region.

e.g. i bought destiny using my US account. i therefore cannot buy DLC from hong kong, uk, etc and use it on my US copy. I need to buy all future DLC from the US store because that is where i originally purchased it. i don't know how it works for physical copies though.

xbox works differently.

Associate
Lets talk Destiny 2

Taken King Cost £40, Included the following:

8 Crucible Maps
3 Crucible game modes
4 Strikes
1 Raid King's Fall
1 Location Dreadnaught
8 Story Missions

Destiny 2 at £40 (say it's the same price)
What content will people be happy with?
What do they need to change or add?

My view destiny 2 needs the following:

PVP (normal stuff every other game currently got)
12+ Crucible Maps
Dedicated Servers
60FPS
Custom Mode (play against your mates)

PVE
4 Strikes, needs way more
Locations, more then one
Raid needs a better system then current taken king system. maybe infuse 100% not 70%
quests needs to change, make them fun not mindless running around earth collecting spinmetal

Soldato
I don't just want another content pack for Destiny 2, I want a major engine overhaul and ditching of PS3/x360 support.

A proper open world, completely overhaul of patrol areas and public events, 20+ players minimum. It needs to feel like a shared world instead of a loose collection of tiny instances linked by the director screen. Dynamic story/mission content, worthwhile public events/patrols. At least one raid, preferably more, or more tiered versions with correspondingly better rewards. 5 or 6 new strikes....maybe some kind of new co-op game mode a la PoE but done better.

Some kind of proper PvP framework for custom matches and the like. Let matchmade games run P2P but where a custom game is organised between full fireteams, spin up a cloud server.

A nice graphical overhaul, 30fps fine as long as it looks better.

Soldato
Lets talk Destiny 2

Taken King Cost £40, Included the following:

8 Crucible Maps
3 Crucible game modes
4 Strikes
1 Raid King's Fall
1 Location Dreadnaught
8 Story Missions

Destiny 2 at £40 (say it's the same price)
What content will people be happy with?
What do they need to change or add?

My view destiny 2 needs the following:

PVP (normal stuff every other game currently got)
12+ Crucible Maps
Dedicated Servers
60FPS
Custom Mode (play against your mates)

PVE
4 Strikes, needs way more
Locations, more then one
Raid needs a better system then current taken king system. maybe infuse 100% not 70%
quests needs to change, make them fun not mindless running around earth collecting spinmetal

For a guy that doesnt like the game or has not interest in it any more you dont half witter on about it........... we get it man just let it go already

Associate
I don't just want another content pack for Destiny 2, I want a major engine overhaul and ditching of PS3/x360 support.

A proper open world, completely overhaul of patrol areas and public events, 20+ players minimum. It needs to feel like a shared world instead of a loose collection of tiny instances linked by the director screen. Dynamic story/mission content, worthwhile public events/patrols. At least one raid, preferably more, or more tiered versions with correspondingly better rewards. 5 or 6 new strikes....maybe some kind of new co-op game mode a la PoE but done better.

Some kind of proper PvP framework for custom matches and the like. Let matchmade games run P2P but where a custom game is organised between full fireteams, spin up a cloud server.

A nice graphical overhaul, 30fps fine as long as it looks better.

Nice ideas, can't see them supporting xbox 360/ps3 they are over 10 years old. 20 players on p2p not going to work

Remove menu system and traveling between plants in your ship will be better (add fast travel) mission/strikes pop up on map when in patrol. (everything should be done this way) start the game at tower then travel to any spot on any planet then enter patrol.

I personally rather have 60fps in crucible even if it means keeping graphics the same, and then maybe better graphics in PvE with 30fps. 60fps PvP feels really good, and it helps with faster paced games.

i agree, should be 60 fps in crucible and 30 fps in PVE, allow the game to look great, but perform in PVP.

My problem weapons in PVP, how they are going to sort weapon issues out.

only way i can see, every weapon become the same regardless of perks attacked. e.g. auto rifle all have the same stats when in PVP. all shotgun the same so on

Last edited:
Soldato
Patrols need to be a lot more open and have a purpose. Having a decent amount of Guardians in an area triggering a threat response by whichever enemy group is prevalent in that world would be good. Much like the public events but full scale war like when enemies move against each other. It would keep the challenge there for end game players where as currently its just a grind for materials.
Raiding enemy strongholds for materials / loot would be good as well. Kind of like Halo's Firefight mode but a lot more open in terms of areas.

I hope the legacy console support is scrapped entirely too and the game is built on a significantly better engine. The clipping in Destiny at present is a joke with character models, and if emotes are going to continue to be a thing they really need to have character facial animations rather than the maudlin expression on the models at present.
From what I have read on the current engine, it's a total pain in the arse to even move an asset so I'd hope they'd have at least sorted that out with a new game as inevitably when it's released we'll all be Destiny 2 Beta Testers!

Edit: PvP NEEDS ranked matchmaking and dedicated servers. How on earth the people who managed to bring the fluidity of Halo 2 /3 matchmaking to the world managed to stuff up their new shiny universe is a bloody travesty

Last edited:
Soldato
Edit: PvP NEEDS ranked matchmaking and dedicated servers. How on earth the people who managed to bring the fluidity of Halo 2 /3 matchmaking to the world managed to stuff up their new shiny universe is a bloody travesty

Honestly think its due too all the good people leaving, and the ones that are left want Destiny too be different then Halo, even if it means its worse at least its not Halo. Their matchmaking stuff as a whole seems very stupid, I play with a mate that has a netduma and he has seen 500+ MS pings in Crucible, if someone is that laggy they should straight up be kicked, and we always see 300+ ping while the match is finding players, why even pair us with people that laggy in the first place. Anything over 100ms is too laggy and I honestly think it should be removed.

Soldato
http://gfycat.com/DimpledHighlevelDairycow

On the point of AA, this **** is far too much, Destiny needs too tone it down across the board, people don't even need to learn any gun skill, aim for body get headshots with basically any primary. This is 1 reason why HC where/are very powerful, their meant too take a lot of aim but its so easy too get headshots and melt people. With TLW I just hold down the trigger and its done, Thorn I could just blinded shoot and almost always had 2 headshots.

Soldato
Hey,

I'm a Destiny super noob - literally just fired it up for the first time about 5 mins ago.

Is anyone in the same position that wants to play together? My understanding is that this is an MMOFPS, right - basically WoW with guns?

Excited :D

Su

[edit] Would you all recommend that I also buy TTK?

Back
Top Bottom