Football manager 2016

Associate
Regarding affiliation, can you approach a club and ask?

Have to ask the board and they come back with a list of clubs. It can be priceless if you get a good club, I can sign Man Utd youngsters for zero wages I had Andreas Pereira who was worth twice any of my players and eventually I signed him permanently end of contract, same with Josh Harrop.

Soldato
Going into league one. So I've scouted a load of players who are ending contract who I hope to add (realistically need a CB, LB, CM, AML, CF and some back up that's if I get my loaners back as well!) so just got to hope I can tempt them in.

I normally go down the route of free's to build my squad then loaners to fill out the blanks if I can't get the right players in.

In fm15 the above got me to the prem with Gareshead (spent 50k in total moving up all divisions) so hoping for the same. Really need to add loads though so a wer bit worried!

Regarding affiliation, can you approach a club and ask?

In actually hoping for some summer investment as my chairman is retiring so hoping that means someone might buy up the club and give me some cash to spend. Not so much bothered about transfer fee's as I'm confident getting the right players on a free it's more the wages I need to tempt them in.

In the Boardroom Requests section you can ask them to find a senior affiliate. They'll either do it themselves or, if you've been employed for a while, they'll let you do it. If you do it yourself, have a scan through the various EPL teams available but don't approach a club if they've already got a junior affiliate in the Football League - your approach will likely get turned down.

Also, when going up until L1 I would always go through the "Transfer Out" sections at clubs in Ligue 1 and 2 on 1st July, as you can normally pick up decent players through this route. If they're still unemployed by October you can normally get decent players for solid PA for a really low wage. You tend to find that the French teams periodically release young strikers with limited technical ability but excellent physical attributes - these guys tend to do quite well in League One and then you can flog them for £500k at the end of the season!

Soldato
Woooooo, promotion secured through the play-offs. 2-0 win in the final over Norwich :)

Last season I was given a £5m transfer budget, this year they've given me £25m and doubled my wage budget from £300k to £600k :O

Lots of signings to be made I feel, got a decent squad but a few holes and not much depth

Soldato
10 games into PL and my team are already annoying me. 3 points collected, yet we've lost 12 points from winning positions. Had we kept them we'd be 8th. Current record 0W 3d 7L

CORRECTION. 14 points dropped from winning positions. This time was against 18th in the league. Y'know, the games you need to be winning to stay up. ****S SAKE.

Last edited:
Associate
10 games into PL and my team are already annoying me. 3 points collected, yet we've lost 12 points from winning positions. Had we kept them we'd be 8th. Current record 0W 3d 7L

CORRECTION. 14 points dropped from winning positions. This time was against 18th in the league. Y'know, the games you need to be winning to stay up. ****S SAKE.

Might be worth trying an Instant Result skin if the engine is annoying you. I was close to stopping on FM15 at one point, started using instant result and started enjoying it again as I didn't have to endure it anymore and the game sped up considerably. Then again I'm weird when it comes to FM and the actual games aren't the main draw for me, I prefer the squad building and training and bringing up youth etc.

If you're the same, I highly suggest it.

Soldato
First season?

I got s bloke called (Chris?) Woods a LB from Cambridge, he's been great so far. Not sure if you can afford him but Jake Reece's from Winbledon has championship potential as a CM & DM, plays consistently great as well. Averaged 7.8 in first season for me getting 11 goals and 15 assists from CM/DM.

Soldato
Have had this since pre-release but have barely played it.. not sure why as I normally played hours on end of the other ones :confused:

Associate
Just installed this after getting it for an Xmas pressie. Been playing this since old CM days so not new to it.
a
Anyway, installed as per normal and played the game fine for a while so thought ok, let's add the logos/kits etc. So looked under My Documents but no Sports Interactive folder. Looked all around but nothing. Loaded game back and tried a local save but unable to save and no only shows root of C drive. I can save to cloud though.
I have since uninstalled and reinstalled but still the same thing??

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Soldato
Just installed this after getting it for an Xmas pressie. Been playing this since old CM days so not new to it.
a
Anyway, installed as per normal and played the game fine for a while so thought ok, let's add the logos/kits etc. So looked under My Documents but no Sports Interactive folder. Looked all around but nothing. Loaded game back and tried a local save but unable to save and no only shows root of C drive. I can save to cloud though.

Thanks
Assuming you installed to C:\ and not a different drive you should look in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016. You need to make the graphics sub-folder in \Football Manager 2016 and perhaps also kits as a sub-folder of graphics.

I've installed all my Steam games to a separate SSD which uses the S: letter. So my FM kits are located: S:\Football Manager 2016\graphics\kits and pictures at:S:\Football Manager 2016\graphics\pictures

Associate
Assuming you installed to C:\ and not a different drive you should look in Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016. You need to make the graphics sub-folder in \Football Manager 2016 and perhaps also kits as a sub-folder of graphics.

I've installed all my Steam games to a separate SSD which uses the S: letter. So my FM kits are located: S:\Football Manager 2016\graphics\kits and pictures at:S:\Football Manager 2016\graphics\pictures

yes that's my issue, there is no Sports Interactive in Documents, I've tried to install it on another drive but same issue.

Soldato
yes that's my issue, there is no Sports Interactive in Documents, I've tried to install it on another drive but same issue.
Are you able to take a screenshot and post it to see what's going on? Also have you checked in Steam where FM is installed to?

Give the FM16 bit of this link a go: http://community.sigames.com/showth...and-Graphics?p=9937349&viewfull=1#post9937349

and check with http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/441258-FM16-GUIDE-How-To-Change-Your-User-Data-Location just to make sure.

Which version of Windows are you running?

Associate
a

Thanks

Try looking in OneDrive Documents if you're using Windows 10.

Back
Top Bottom