Wiper blades that don't suck

Man of Honour
OP
So a month ago, my otherwise perfectly functioning wiper blades begin leaving an irritating streak in the drivers view. Close inspection results a slight mark in the blade. Sigh.

Oh well, ordered some new ones.

Guess what's back today :rolleyes:

Are you supposed to just buy new ones every 3 days or something?

Soldato
[TW]Fox;28979539 said:
So a month ago, my otherwise perfectly functioning wiper blades begin leaving an irritating streak in the drivers view. Close inspection results a slight mark in the blade. Sigh.

Give the screen a good clean, see if that helps. Lots of grime at this time of year.

Soldato
[TW]Fox;28979539 said:

Windscreen chip damaging the blade?

Man of Honour
I put Bosch on the wife's MX5 and they have been ****. I shall replace with OEM ones, which in my experience are always the best in that they work.

Soldato
Does anyone know where to get OEM wiper blades for Audis for less than what the dealerships charge? I'm not sure if they're re-branded Valeo blades, since this page suggests that Valeo are "Original Equipment for the Audi A1 2010 onwards".

Audi want to charge me £40 for a set of front wiper blades which seems ridiculous.

Soldato
Look at the ones that are on there? There'll be a logo somewhere. They'll be flat wipers, bosch or valeo are all much of a muchness - it's not really worth spending much braintime even contemplating!

Soldato
Look at the ones that are on there? There'll be a logo somewhere. They'll be flat wipers, bosch or valeo are all much of a muchness - it's not really worth spending much braintime even contemplating!

Fair enough. My car is at Audi at the moment so I can't take a look at the existing blades.

After seeing Voxination's photo of the Valeos, I'll be getting the Bosch ones :p

Soldato
Does anyone know where to get OEM wiper blades for Audis for less than what the dealerships charge? I'm not sure if they're re-branded Valeo blades, since this page suggests that Valeo are "Original Equipment for the Audi A1 2010 onwards".

Audi want to charge me £40 for a set of front wiper blades which seems ridiculous.

TPS?

Soldato
Right folks, new blades about to be ordered, what's everyone using these days - are Bosch Aerotwin flatblades still the champs or are there any new and innovative blades available now in the amazingly interesting world of windscreen wipers? :D

Back
Top Bottom