Nice try...

Soldato
Does ANY bank actually email their customers about supposed security breaches? I am with Natwest and I have never received an email about my account, only ever marketing emails. If they want to get hold of me they usually call and then I call back on the telephone banking number to verify it is them.

Soldato
Got two of those emails yesterday, lol.

Loved the part about going to a tesco branch to get your access returned after 24 hours, be hard pressed to find one for an online bank, and don't know how far you'd get asking a 17 year old stacking baked beans about your tesco internet banking access if you asked in store.

Soldato
Tesco Bank have about six branches in the whole of the UK so it might be difficult going to one as the e-mail suggests.

Also that logo attempt is laughably bad. The font isn't even the same. :p

Seems scammers will just pick any old bank to try and copy.

Soldato
OP
I had this email, I work for Tesco so thanks for bringing this to my attention.

No problem :)

Tesco Bank have about six branches in the whole of the UK so it might be difficult going to one as the e-mail suggests.

Also that logo attempt is laughably bad. The font isn't even the same. :p

Seems scammers will just pick any old bank to try and copy.

Yeah, the email is badly done, the site however looks quite real to someone who doesn't know any different I guess.

Scammers are a terrible breed. Nuke them from orbit. :p

Associate
I had exactly the same Tesco mail yesterday too. Can't tell you where the link went to, as I not foolish enough to click **** like that.....delete straight away.

The page does not even look genuine "enough" to me, even the fact it has "Tesco 2015" at the bottom of the page, it still completely lacks any credibility in its looks tbf as it is so basic looking, it looks like the sort of spam message a 12 year old could knock up in 10 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom