Why does OS X have full screen?

Associate
I don't see the point of full screen. Why the hell does OS X have fullscreen? it's so pointless. It serves no purpose. I don't understand Apple's logic. They have full screen but they don't want their apps to maximise? I'm pretty sure maximise is more useful than full screen.

Associate
Not quite sure what you mean?! How is 'maximise' more useful than full screen?

It's useful for things like mail, aperture and safari, if you want to take advantage of the full screen, minus any distractions. Particularly useful if you have a smaller screen...

You can then simply swipe between apps as spaces, with a 4 finger swipe. Quite useful at times.

Hxc

Hxc

Soldato
I never use it either, but then I don't buy into any of the OSX window management system, no use of spaces, mission control etc.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
OSX window management is extremely good on my MBP with the gestures. Full screen I use for Mail and Safari when working to give me a little more screen space on my 15" - and as mentioned you can swipe between full screen apps.

Soldato
I don't see the point of full screen. Why the hell does OS X have fullscreen? it's so pointless. It serves no purpose. I don't understand Apple's logic. They have full screen but they don't want their apps to maximise? I'm pretty sure maximise is more useful than full screen.

Yes they can - hold Alt/Option and the green traffic light turns into a plus symbol.

Back
Top Bottom