Double Bed Recommendations

Associate
OP
I can not believe it's getting to the stage where people are asking recommendations of double beds! Bloody heck just go try some! How hard is it!

No regrets asking whatsoever, I'm saving a big wedge of money thanks to the people who have contributed in this thread.
Roll with the times, thank you internet

Associate
Can't believe they haven't been recommended yet... www.factory-beds-direct.co.uk.

The only shop you need. We've got two and friends and family have bought around a dozen altogether. Thoroughly recommended.

They have, they are the same as John Ryan! I've just been picking through the other mattress threads and I'm about to go for one of them , I think the Origins 1500. I take it you are still happy with yours then? Did you go for the standard on or the latex?

Soldato
Ive got an Origins 1500, its brilliant. Been using it for 5 months now and its without doubt the best mattress ive ever had, my friend also has the same and cant speak highly enough of them. 100% recommended

Associate
Ive got an Origins 1500, its brilliant. Been using it for 5 months now and its without doubt the best mattress ive ever had, my friend also has the same and cant speak highly enough of them. 100% recommended

How is it in terms of firmness, I've been on a few beds that are like sleeping on cotton wool and I'm not a huge fan I prefer beds slightly on the firmer side. I think the Latex version might be a bit better but I'm not keen to pay 50% more.

Soldato
Its on the firmer side imo but a lot depends on how heavy you are. When you order John Ryan will call you to confirm everything and without being rude they ask your weight and your partners weight and how firm you are looking for, if they dont think its suitable they will suggest an alternative spring count.

Soldato
Yeah, still super happy with ours. Don't forget to get some extra deep fitted protectors and sheets before it arrives otherwise you'll have nothing to sleep on. Asda's extra deep don't fit but higher quality ones from John Lewis do and Dunelm's do too just about.

Associate
Yeah, still super happy with ours. Don't forget to get some extra deep fitted protectors and sheets before it arrives otherwise you'll have nothing to sleep on. Asda's extra deep don't fit but higher quality ones from John Lewis do and Dunelm's do too just about.

Yes thanks for mentioning it but I had spotted it in a previous thread, going to pick up some Dunelm sheets this weekend. It's kicked off a bit of a complete revisit of all our bedding so I'm looking around for better duvets and covers.

I then need to go and wrestle a bear and quaff some ale before I start thinking about buying scatter cushions and candles.....

Back
Top Bottom