dps scheme - wait and see

Soldato
Hi

Finally handed in the keys with our landlord today. He inspected the house hardcore. He didn't spot anything wrong. we had steam cleaned the whole house including all curtains and carpets etc.

I have put the request in tonight for my £895 deposit back.

Let's see if he plays silly buggers. What he doesn't know is I took many many photos before he came around today.

Only one thing he asked was we clean the front driveway as against the one fence was full of leaves. we handed the keys in and he left whilst we cleaned all the excess leaves away. I took before and after pics of that too.

I'm expecting him to complain about something for sure.

Soldato
Making it clear to him you had all the images you do before/after you moved in would probably have served you well in not having to defend any of his accusations as he'd be less inclined to make them in the first place. :)

Soldato
Sounds like you went above and beyond to be honest.

Our last agent tried to charge us to get a cleaner in as one of the radiators had dust on. They'll try everything.

Associate
10:1 he will try you for £250.

i'm not sure why but it always seems to be the amount they try and screw out of you.

good luck. but scummy inevitability of landlords does not bode well.

Soldato
Hi

Finally handed in the keys with our landlord today. He inspected the house hardcore. He didn't spot anything wrong. we had steam cleaned the whole house including all curtains and carpets etc.

Let's see if he plays silly buggers. What he doesn't know is I took many many photos before he came around today.

Only one thing he asked was we clean the front driveway as against the one fence was full of leaves. we handed the keys in and he left whilst we cleaned all the excess leaves away. I took before and after pics of that too.

Wait for: "The carpet and curtains were dry clean only!" :D

Soldato
Our old agency we was under tried me for £150 for carpet cleaning, in end i proved they was done they kept £50 for "flea treatment" i rang a month later and checked they had no issues of reported fleas and got my £50 back also.

Landlords/estate agencies are just as bad as each other

Associate
Cleaned a flat to bottom much to our delight, handed it over, and then got £50 deducted because of some dust behind the washing machine. tsk. "Who's going to go back there?". "The landlord wanted it done" was the reply.

Soldato
Cleaned a flat to bottom much to our delight, handed it over, and then got £50 deducted because of some dust behind the washing machine. tsk. "Who's going to go back there?". "The landlord wanted it done" was the reply.

Not as bad as £250 but my old landlord tried to get me for £50 too.

Someone (agency) had taken a stupid shoe rack of out the cupboard and they wanted a new one. Costs £20 but landlord e-mailed a picture saying it was some fancy £50 one. Had to do a load of research and contact the company which installed it, luckily spoke to a lady who had her son going through the same thing, few e-mails later and they confirmed the landlord was talking ****.

In the end they deducted the £20 and then asked "Are you going to buy it and drop it off?" :confused::confused:

Soldato
if your landlord purchased the property for monthly profits, not long term investment ie, profit from sale in 20 years. then he/she will find something to make profit from cleaning. believe me

my sister put in a brand new carpet the day before she moved out as she had the dog as agreed. guess what. the landlord charged my sister for having the carpet cleaned. silly

Man of Honour
if your landlord purchased the property for monthly profits, not long term investment ie, profit from sale in 20 years. then he/she will find something to make profit from cleaning. believe me

my sister put in a brand new carpet the day before she moved out as she had the dog as agreed. guess what. the landlord charged my sister for having the carpet cleaned. silly

If she paid it then more fool her!

Soldato
not really. on the contract she agreed to have the brand new carpet in as she had the dog.

she got charged for the carpet cleaned cos the landlord spot some dirts on new carpet. there was no way round to it. she needed a good reference. that was years ago so might be different now

Caporegime
ALWAYS pay for someone to professionally clean when you move out of a rental. That way any complaints about the quality of the clean go back to the cleaners and not you, and you don't have to lose evenings and weekends of your own time cleaning.

Man of Honour
Hi

Did you get an inventory signed off on move in and move out? Signed by both yourself and the landlord/agency I mean.

Back
Top Bottom