Bored of Apple/iOS

Associate
I think I'm bored with my iPhone 5.
I recently bought the 6S but returned it after I found it was way too similar to my 5, apart from a bigger screen, faster and better battery.
I do love the way iOS is clutter free, simple to navigate and syncs well with my iTunes etc. I'm by no means a heavy user though, I don't own any other Apple products.
I only really use my phone for calls, texts, whatsapp, facebook, banking and email.
To me, a quality display and battery life are the most important aspects of a phone, and also I would quite like to avoid the ridiculous price tag that comes with Apple.
I've read great things about the LG G4 but I wouldn't get on with the size of it (5.5 inches). Also been looking at the P8 Lite but battery life is a concern.
Is there anything out there that can fit my needs?

Caporegime
What exactly were you expecting to be different about the 6S? It runs the same iOS as the 5C so was only ever going to be a bigger, more powerful version of the same phone.

Unfortunately all top end Android phones are going to disappoint you with battery life. Your going to have to accept that, and then once you do you have a whole plethora of devices to chose from!

Caporegime
The Z5 Compact is expensive. It's a decent phone, but the top end Androids are starting to creep up to iPhone prices because... Well... If people are prepared to pay that much for a phone, charge them that much.

If you want to scare yourself, have a look at what the top end Samsung's RRPs are!

There's a LOT of decent Android phones for under £300.

Soldato
Just purchased a huawei honor 7 for 209 (170 ish without vat) on Amazon. Battery life is fantastic if I'm honest. Squeezed 7 hours screen on time out of it yesterday on it's second charge. Excellent handset for the price.

Edit. Also the screen is 1920x1080. So definitely good enough.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought a Huawei Y330 as a make-do a year ago as an upgrade at CPWH and still using it. £15 outright, unlocked! Limited but it works!!

Soldato
Not sure what you're expecting from a new phone, all upgrades mostly end up being the same as you had previously, but faster with a few new features.

For making calls, using Whatsapp and facebook etc how do you expect an Android phone to be different from your iPhone?

For basic features all smart phones are pretty much the same.

Associate
Not sure what you're expecting from a new phone, all upgrades mostly end up being the same as you had previously, but faster with a few new features.

For making calls, using Whatsapp and facebook etc how do you expect an Android phone to be different from your iPhone?

I agree

He could just get a Moto G that would all of the things he wanted instead of spending on a flagship, just stick with your iPhone 5 if that all you plan to do with it.

Associate
OP

The UI will be different and my 5 struggles to keep up these days

Back
Top Bottom