best cheapest 10 inch tablet?

Soldato
Got my daughter a Linx 1010b for Xmas its surprisingly good, she mainly plays minecraft and watches Youtube and she is getting 5hrs+ battery, i didnt think she would use the keyboard that come with it but she always has it on. As its win10 i have been able to lock a lot of stuff out of her reach, she got around the security i put on her android tablet (i was quite proud!!) within about a week of getting it.

Associate
Got a Linx 1010b myself and I'm very impressed. It's very snappy and boots in a matter of seconds from cold. Runs a proper Windows 10 Home 32bit so you're not limited in any way. I was dubious about the 2GB DDR3 but Windows is pretty responsive, certainly much quicker than I was expecting and much faster than my old Kindle Fire HDX at even simple tasks like opening a webpage. I think the Linx 1010b shows that you don't have to spend a fortune to have a decent Windows Tablet. It's well worth a try, if you buy it from the forest it's available on Prime next day delivery and the forest has a great returns policy if you're not happy.

Given the price I was expecting the keyboard to just be cheap tat but it's actually very good and I leave it attached. So much easier to type on that than an onscreen keyboard. The tablet has 2x USB3 ports and Bluetooth 4 so you can use any keyboard or mouse with it. Built in Microphone that works well with Cortana, I've not tried skype though. Cameras aren't great but good enough for skype I'd say. HDMI out as well. Speakers are functional but that's about it. 3.5mm headphone jack which is my preferred choice as quality and volume is what I'm used to from other devices. No mic jack though. You can't expect TOO much for a £140 device but you get much more than you'd think. It's hugely better than the kindle and samsung tablet my mrs uses in terms of performance and for me at least Windows will always be better than Android.

Some of the reviews are plain stupid and obviously written/recorded by people who don't or hardly ever touch a Windows device.

Soldato
Totally agree with the above 2.

My Linx 1010b is best for the money, I did get mine for £120ish delivered. I was used to touch on Windows 8/8.1/10, so using this with the keyboard attached 80% of the time, it's essentially a touch screen netbook.

If you set it right, you can un-attach the keyboard and Windows 10 goes into tablet mode, touch friendlier. Attaching the keyboard and it goes back into standard mode.

Soldato
I was ready to order the 1010b but then the Lenovo Miix 300 Tablet caught my eye, spec wise it seems to beat the Linx, admittedly not by much. Does anyone have any experience with it?

I do really like the look of the NIVIDIA Shield but I will actually be using it for work :o:o:o

Associate
Just to hijack a little bit, what would people recommend for a 3/4G tablet? Wanting something similar to the 1010b in performance / price

Back
Top Bottom