Skoda

Associate
The green is lovely! Still can't get on with them alloys though.

Wheels were a sticking point. I opted for those due to the darker colour and don't like the 19's (aside from them making it run harsher). Long term with it being VAG it does give me a lot of options for alternative wheels.

Soldato
Bump, but no point starting a new thread really.

Last week I ordered a Superb 2.0 TSI 220hp DSG hatch (it's the Octy VRS engine). Quartz grey (yawn) with the half leather half alcantara seats, and I added in the colour maxidot and flappy paddles. It's lease so no point going mental. I wish I could have nabbed the 280 4x4 but still, it should be a nice family barge with enough poke to keep me happy.

Today the dealership (Lightcliffe Warrington) gave me the SLI and said it's been allocated build week 09, so that's the last week of February. We're looking at March delivery and they don't expect the date to get bumped so it's all looking good. I initially wanted petrol blue (aka lava blue) with beige leather, but apparently beige interiors are in such short supply the factory went from 'six months plus lead time' to 'you just can't order this any more'. Being honest I prefer the feel of alcantara anyway, having tried them both out.

Has anyone driven the Superb with this engine? I ordered based on a test drive of the Octy VRS (I know the seats and suspension are completely different), and the fact I owned a mk2 Superb diesel.

Can't wait to get my hands on it. :D

ETA: Has anyone seen the Superb Sportline coming this year? The usual marketing department 'sporty' addons like black wheels and carbon fibre trim, but it does have lower suspension and sports seats making it something of a more overt Superb VRS versus the current Q car style of the 2.0 TSIs presently available in standard trim. The Octavia's VRS seats are actually bigger than the Superb standard seats, which is better for tall drivers like me, so that's a bonus. From the horse's mouth:

Škoda said:
The most noteworthy features of the ŠKODA Superb SportLine include the black 18- or 19-inch alloy wheels, the tinted rear side windows and back window (sunset), and the sport chassis lowered by 15 mm. The interior of the SportLine version includes a three-spoke sports steering wheel and gear knob finished in leather, sports seats with exclusive seat covers, pedals in an aluminium finish and trim elements in carbon."

Last edited:
Soldato
Any idea when the sportline is due to land, I'm going to be looking for a new car later this year, and a superb is on the radar, I need a car that can accommodate 2 child seats and a human in the back!

It's available earlier in Germany but for Ireland/UK you're looking around July, so actual deliveries towards the last quarter probably. Only guesses atm though.

Soldato
My 07 Passat is starting to show her age now, so starting to look at her replacement, and eyeing up the Octavia Estate vRS TSI DSG model as I do not do the miles now to make a diesel worth it.

Does anyone have the above and got any comments on what its like as a daily driver?

I am looking to go the PCP route with Skoda so looking for some good deals atm on a specced up vRS.

Kimbie

Soldato
I've got the 2010 version of what you're looking at. Blimmin ace car. :)

Fine as a daily driver. Can get 450 miles out of a tank. Less if you cane it.

Don't know why anyone would want an Audi, Skoda's are fine.

(although the Golf R estate is next on my list, unless they do a 4wd VRS)

Soldato
The only vRS as a 4x4 is a DSG TDI, nothing on petrol yet, though I would imagine the petrol 4x4 would be announced alongside the 280ps engine perhaps?

Thanks for the comments dolphin

Kimbie

Associate
My 07 Passat is starting to show her age now, so starting to look at her replacement, and eyeing up the Octavia Estate vRS TSI DSG model as I do not do the miles now to make a diesel worth it.

Does anyone have the above and got any comments on what its like as a daily driver?

I am looking to go the PCP route with Skoda so looking for some good deals atm on a specced up vRS.

Kimbie

I have the exact spec your interested in, as a daily drivers its pretty nice, I've done 42k miles so far. The cabin is pretty solid, the engine pulls well and is pretty quiet ( unplug the sound actuator if you don't want the fake noise ).
It can be good on fuel consumption, my long term average is 41.04 mpg.
Mine came with continental SP2's which were very noisy on certain road surfaces, changing those has made it quieter, although don't expect it to be as quiet as the modern passat, or the superb mk3.

Back
Top Bottom