this country is messed up

Soldato
It gets to the scale that you may as well not have the rule in the first place. Also rights should really be equal amongst all citizens. That is what the law represents, something all citizens abides by.

The rule only applys to British citizens, foreign citizens don't have it, only a British man/woman has to earn £18,600+ it would be great if British people didn't have less rights in their own country.

Soldato
I'm not saying he should get special treatment, I just think it's a bit silly to compare working at Lidl to fighting in hostile territory, and not recognizing country service.

In this case though, it's a relevant comparison in the fact that they're both irrelevant to the decision.

Soldato
You're not putting your life on the line working at the checkout though, are you?

Meh, you know the deal when you take the coin of the realm is exchange for putting your life at risk and potentially killing other people. Career military personnel should receive no special treatment.

Soldato
The rule only applys to British citizens, foreign citizens don't have it, only a British man/woman has to earn £18,600+ it would be great if British people didn't have less rights in their own country.

An immigrant can get come to the UK and later get married and bring them (non-eu) over more easily?

Last edited:
Soldato
Both for practical reasons and for mathematically verifiable moral reasons, authority and responsibility must be equal - else a balancing takes place as surely as current flows between points of unequal potential. To permit irresponsible authority is to sow disaster; to hold a man responsible for anything he does not control is to behave with blind idiocy. The unlimited democracies were unstable because their citizens were not responsible for the fashion in which they exerted their sovereign authority... other than through the tragic logic of history... No attempt was made to determine whether a voter was socially responsible to the extent of his literally unlimited authority. If he voted the impossible, the disastrous possible happened instead - and responsibility was then forced on him willy-nilly and destroyed both him and his foundationless temple.

Soldato
An EU immigrant can bring any immigrant with them MUCH more easy and FREE of charge and requirements.

No because they have to become an EU citizen (or have equivalent permission) first. The fact that other EU countries have less lax rules doesn't mean we should necessarily be just as lax.

I wouldn't nessarily be against making them easier, others may disagree though.

Last edited:
Hands up if you would like the Dons to impose a minimum of 25 posts before a new user can start a thread? It won't stop all of the Daily Mail posters, but it will stop some of the link-and-run type threads and people posting spam / surveys / cut-and-paste from other forums etc :)

Soldato
As a British citizen, to bring my pregnant non EU wife over, first we had to pay for a TB test in the only private approved hospital (the most expensive in the city). Get a housing report to prove there won't be over crowding, 6 months of bank statements stamped by the bank showing I earn over £18,600, proof of relationship and proof that my wife can speak English. Then pay £1000 to submit the application.

8 weeks later we got refused for a visa (£1000 down the drain) only because we submitted proof that she can speak English the highest business level, she worked in the european parliment as a translater after all. They wanted a public ILETS test that a 4 year old could pass. So I had to pay £1000 to submit the application again.

The irony is, if I claimed for a Danish ancestry passport, I wouldn't of had to even pay 2000 pennys, no English tests, no TB tests and no stress at all. Sucks being British in Britain, 2nd class citizens.

Last edited:
Soldato
No because they have to become an EU citizen (or have equivalent permission) first. The fact that other EU countries have less lax rules doesn't mean we should necessarily be just as lax.

I wouldn't nessarily be against making them easier, others may disagree though.

What no? It's a fact, Any non British EU citizen can bring anyone from any country in the world with them and they do.

Permabanned
Hands up if you would like the Dons to impose a minimum of 25 posts before a new user can start a thread?

When has anyone considered the OP's opinions more worthy of debate than their own :)

I understood the tunnel to be full of cameras to stop this exact thing happening?
Someone in CCTV control needs to get a job where they suck less.

Soldato
What no? It's a fact, Any non British EU citizen can bring anyone from any country in the world with them and they do.

Immigrating together is different to later getting married and bring them to the country.

If it is the case Non-EU citizens can bring a future spouse to the country whilst a UK/EU citizen can't under the same rules, then I agree it is unfair.

Last edited:
Caporegime
a British person can also work in Europe for a few months then bring the wife over when they move back.

If you're earning less than the requirements then you've got a naff job over here anyway so might as well just use the loophole....

Soldato
a British person can also work in Europe for a few months then bring the wife over when they move back.

If you're earning less than the requirements then you've got a naff job over here anyway so might as well just use the loophole....

The Surinder Singh route. There is more holes than Swiss cheese, the spouse visa system is just to an exercise to cause stress and heartache for British citizens. Now I have a criminal record in Russia for ****ing around with it twice in Russia and overstaying my visa :o

Back
Top Bottom