Do you/have you gone to the cinema on your own

Associate
i wanna go see star wars and because i've been incapacitated & not been able to go

been asking my mates over past few days if their up for it and every ones said either they have seen it or don't want to

so looks like i'm gonna have to go on me jack jones

does it feel strange ?

thinking of going in morning or afternoon showing..as prob be the quietest

Caporegime
Many Many Many times.

It started in Uni when I had a free period, my friends were in lectures, Vue in the day on Wednesdays did £1.50 entry...

I went every week, watched a LOT of movies, sometimes back to back.

You are probably think there is some kind of stigma attached to it, there isn't, and you are not meant to talk during the movies so there's no problem. If I had to wait for a friend to go to the cinema I would have missed out on a lot of great films on the big screen.

p.s. I went to see The Force Awakens twice on my own last week.

Caporegime
Put it this way, the room is dark, everyone shuts up and look at the screen.

Just go up, buy your ticket, go sit down and enjoy ! :)

I don't even buy popcorn or drinks anymore ever since going on my own, i only seem to do that in the company of others, no idea why, Which makes the entire experience cheaper.

Caporegime
I've gone a few times, though I rarely seem to go to the cinema at all nowadays. Last time I went was to see Alan Partridge : Alpha Papa.

Associate
OP
last time i went was man of steel & like most id rather watch at home as i have a pretty decent setup but i really wanna see this and cant wait for blu ray release as im bound to get fed some spoilers at some point and ive been avoiding anything starwars related since it got released :D

Soldato
First time felt a bit strange but in most films there's usually a handful who are there by themselves. Having an unlimited card I'll just go if I have a couple of hours free and no one really cares.

Tonight was a bit awkward because I went to see two films without a break and the 2nd was about cross dressing. I'm not homophobic, I really did have to go for a pee. When you're by yourself it looks like you're walking out.

Man of Honour
Feels a bit strange at busy times, however going on your own means you can go to an early afternoon showing and one that is well after release, then there's only about 6 of you in there and it's great.

Caporegime
Sure. All the time. In fact I'd say I've been more by myself than with others. Sure it was a bit awkward to begin with but you're there to see the film, right?

Caporegime
Loads of times. Its normal. having said that I only go to the cinema for an event movie or when I really can't wait for the BR.

I have a home cinema that I can pause the movie..Drink booze...sit in my pants and pick my nose in. :p

Last edited:
Associate
many times, and if Cineworld, where the good screens are where closer, I would get an unlimited card and go myself a LOT more. it saves me having to ask friends and work around their schedules if I want to see something

Associate
Haven't been to the cinema for years but used to go on my own quite often, usually first showing on a Saturday when it was nice and quiet. Sometimes I was the only one in there!

I think going places alone might be an age thing. My son is 13 and tells me it's considered "sad" to go anywhere alone. He can't even walk to school on his own. If he wants to go out but his mates don't then he doesn't go.

Back
Top Bottom