Which of these 4K TV's?

Associate
Hi all, I'm about to buy one of these TV's

It was always going to be this one:

LG 49UF850V http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-49UF850V

But looking through the sale items at a famous high street/online chain I came across these two similarly priced TV's:

Panasonic Viera TX-50CX700B https://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/viera-televisions/led/tx-50cx700b.html

and

Panasonic Viera TX-55CX400B https://www.panasonic.com/uk/consumer/viera-televisions/led/tx-55cx400b.html

Now I know the LG has passive 3D and the Panasonics have active 3D and that's a consideration but apart from that I don't know enough about TV specs to make an informed decision to decide which is best?

Can anyone offer some help?

Thanks

Kate.

Soldato
The LG without question.

One of The 2 'Panasonics' is a Vestel telly with a Panasonic badge on it (Cx400) Dunno about the Cx700 though. Look on the back, if it says on the model label 'assembled in Turkey' then its Vestel.

Cheap but not cheerful.

The Czech assembled Panasonic tellies are OK though (again look on the back or on the box)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thank you.

I'm going to buy a TV now (My old one died and I'm currently using a small PC Monitor) and this TV will not be changed for at least 5-6 years so I may as well go for a 4K one.

I think I'll stick with my original plan and go with the LG.

Thanks again.

Associate
Thank you.

I'm going to buy a TV now (My old one died and I'm currently using a small PC Monitor) and this TV will not be changed for at least 5-6 years so I may as well go for a 4K one.

I think I'll stick with my original plan and go with the LG.

Thanks again.

I just bought an LG and life really is good now :)

Associate
Hi KateB

Did you take the plunge !!!!
TBH I don't think you can do a lot better money wise "if your limited to a point " than the LG , gets good reviews on AV forums , you can always wait for the better TV round the corner but they rarely live up to the hype when they arrive
I'm off to get its bigger brother tomorrow in the 65UF950
��
P.s my current tv is also an LG and has passive 3D the difference used to be passive was only 1080i and active 1080P
But the new 4K LG's also do 3D in 1080p now so it's a whole new experience if you have watched it on an old LG

Associate
OP
I have.

I'm getting the Panasonic Viera TX-50CX700B tomorrow.

The LG has better 3D but that appears to be about it.

The Panasonic has much better blacks and contrast.

I've been reading up a lot on both of these TV's on AV forums and the pattern seems to be that the UF850V gets returned a lot, even by die hard LG fans, mainly because of image burning and very poor blacks.

The Panasonic on the other hand gets lauded for it's amazing blacks and contrast and it's only real disapointment is it's 3D but that still got an 8 out of 10 and it's poor sound but I'm going to use 5.1 speakers with it so that doesn't bother me.

As to the Vestel issue mentioned above, apparently the 40" version of this is Vestel but the 50", 55" & 65" are standard Panasonic.

Thanks again everyone for your help.

Back
Top Bottom