Curious those with touch screen laptops

Soldato
Out of you that have touch screen laptops... How many of you actually use the touchscreen ?

I'm currently sitting here on one, and i hardly ever use the touchscreen for anything. Always naturally finding myself going for the mouse touchpad, even for things that are probably easier swiping the screen.

It could be that a lot of the time i'm on a non-touch screen computer tho.

Anyway what about the rest of you ?

Associate
Really useful for quick accurate scrolling and hitting links (eg doing a lot of reading so hands move off the keyboard/trackpad), especially with it lying on your chest on the couch/bed.

I do miss the convenience since I sold the laptop on.

Soldato
I bought my wife a touchscreen laptop and she uses the touch functionality all the time.

I have also noticed that the screens always appear to be better on the touch models in the same price range.

Associate
I don't use for general desktop use (that could just be out of habit) but the touchscreen seems more intuitive for selecting web links in browser.

Associate
I've got a Linx 1010 tablet and use it in the keyboard dock a lot but definitely find I use the touchscreen a lot for scrolling and swiping and such :)

I also have a Linx 1010b and use the touchscreen as well as the trackpad. Swiping and clicking on large things is quicker and easier on screen but trying to click small things like the tiny page numbers at the bottom of threads/pages is easier with the pad.

Associate
Got a Dell Inspiron 15 7537 - I use the touchscreen about 40-50% of the time. Mainly for scrolling, zooming, hitting web links, as well as casual games.

In case of relevance, to this day I hate touchpads. I use an external mouse; the touchpad get used about 5% of the time. Might be why the touchscreen gets such high usage.

Soldato
I've got a Dell XPS13 and use the touchscreen fairly often. It feels intuitive to just tap the screen when you've got a biggish link you want to click. Can be annoying if the person next to you wants to choose something else though!

Back
Top Bottom