*** Offers & Bargains, all Consoles ***

Soldato
Canadian store $21 which is like £10 for the GTA Trilogy of Vice City, San Andreas and GTA 3.

It's a pretty good deal making each game around £3.33 each.

Same price on American store just costs a bit more due to exchange rates.

Soldato
Canadian store $21 which is like £10 for the GTA Trilogy of Vice City, San Andreas and GTA 3.

It's a pretty good deal making each game around £3.33 each.

Same price on American store just costs a bit more due to exchange rates.

Is the trilogy out? For console? Have I missed something lol.

Soldato
Is the trilogy out? For console? Have I missed something lol.

They brought out ports/remasters albeit just to work on next gen rather than graphical, controlling changes. Originally were being sold for $15 or £12-£15 each but now they have done it into a trilogy pack which is on sale in USA/Canada.

It was a bit much at the £12-15 each but for <£4 each it's well worth it even just for nostalgia although they haven't aged that well.

Man of Honour
They brought out ports/remasters albeit just to work on next gen rather than graphical, controlling changes. Originally were being sold for $15 or £12-£15 each but now they have done it into a trilogy pack which is on sale in USA/Canada.

It was a bit much at the £12-15 each but for <£4 each it's well worth it even just for nostalgia although they haven't aged that well.
If I recall correctly, the HD "remasters" are actually upscaled ports of the iOS games. They're not upscaled ports of the original console games, and as such, I don't think they were as good as they could've been.

Caporegime
If I recall correctly, the HD "remasters" are actually upscaled ports of the iOS games. They're not upscaled ports of the original console games, and as such, I don't think they were as good as they could've been.

I think you've got it the wrong way round. The PS4 versions are the PS2 versions upscaled because there is all this nonsense about 50/60Hz with the emulator. PAL regions are getting the short end of the stick because our versions are 50Hz and have judder or something.

I think the iOS versions are ports from PC (and perhaps as were the PS3 versions).

Soldato

They are directly from the PS2 games, hence why the UK has 50hz due to PAL which causes some issues where as the Americans get 60hz and less issues. It's literally an emulated port with trophies added. :)

Soldato
Pal is actually better then NTSC in the quality of the picture. I'm talking old terms as obviously now we don't have this conflict. I wouldn't be surprised if the GTA trilogy was ported over from iOS, makes financial sense and therefore the probability is high.

Caporegime
Soldato
Pal is actually better then NTSC in the quality of the picture. I'm talking old terms as obviously now we don't have this conflict. I wouldn't be surprised if the GTA trilogy was ported over from iOS, makes financial sense and therefore the probability is high.

If that were the case they wouldn't be branded and described as PS2 titles.

Soldato
Soldato
Each region will presumably get the same version of the game it got originally. They can't distribute the American NTSC version in Europe, for example; it won't have the regional languages and there's bound to be licensing issues.

Back
Top Bottom