What watch do you wear?

Associate
I've been meaning to put some more details about the Omega Seamster Aqua Terra Bond edition watch that I got for christmas, but then I came across this review which describes and photographs it far better than I could!

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/james-bond-aqua-terra-review-2121178.html

Loving this watch - I've barely worn anything else since Christmas! The dual straps (not mentioned in the review) also make it really versatile.

Nice. That peekaboo case back is stunning, I'd want to wear it the other way round :D

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for that, so is the size of that 41mm the outside diameter of the whole watch?

See to me that looks slightly too big, however again personal preference. I assume the 38mm on a trident is the actual watch face and then the case size on top?

May just order one anyway to see what I think, can always send it back if I am not 100% happy with it.

Yes it's 41mm case diameter Not including the crown. It does look a little big in the pic, I think its the angle of the shot as the case is a little thick as well.
Like you say it's personal prefrence ;)

Soldato
I just ordered an Orient Mako blue, I've never had a divers style watch before. It's coming on a horrible black rubber strap, I'd like to change it to something else. Any recommendations on style and colour?

I had a quick Google and I like a Hirsch carbon in blue http://www.watchobsession.co.uk/pro...of-leather-watch-strap-blue?variant=322806751 no idea if that's a good one though, quality and price?

It would look like this
YTVH3RC.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I'm not one to diss someones choice but that Longines has fat lugs that make the strap look way too skinny? (call me Mr Fickle but it's one of the reasons I really dislike most modern Rolex)

If I loved the face and hands that much of that watch I'd be putting it on a Di Modell Chronissimo or Pilot to try and balance things up ?

In my humble YMMV etc etc

Man of Honour
The price doesn't vary much really for the strap as it's quite unique in spec and from a respected strap brand. Watch Obsession are a reputable store too. I bought mine from an AD for the same price iirc. Was a long while back.

Caporegime
Picked up my black Mako and Nighthawk today.

Need to get a couple of links removed from each, but I've ordered a couple of Nato straps from watchobsession to go with the Mako but I may go leather with a Hirsch strap we'll see. I'll probably keep the Nighthawk on the bracelet.

So glad I went for the Japanese Nighthawk as the engraved back is so nice.

A8LdSTDh.jpg fBU8wExh.jpg

Soldato
Well decided that a 38mm Trident was too much of a compromise. Will wait for the summer sale and pick a 42mm up.

Ended up purchasing:

Very happy with it and love the gold!

Soldato
I just ordered an Orient Mako blue, I've never had a divers style watch before. It's coming on a horrible black rubber strap, I'd like to change it to something else. Any recommendations on style and colour?

I had a quick Google and I like a Hirsch carbon in blue http://www.watchobsession.co.uk/pro...of-leather-watch-strap-blue?variant=322806751 no idea if that's a good one though, quality and price?

It would look like this

The blue mako looks good on brown rather than black IMO.

AJK

AJK

Associate
Never worked out how you get your watch stolen unless your house is burgled?

Nope, you're spot on - house burgled sometime over NY Eve/Day - we were out of the building about 30 hours all in. The watch was the only thing of mine taken, wife lost a lot of jewellery :(

Caporegime
Toned down an awful lot!

Removed the bracelet from mine today and replaced with a Hirsch strap. Not the easiest bracelet to remove.

I just can't get used to seeing a Longines diver in anything except a metal strap, using anything else seems to somehow neuter it's clean manliness.

Soldato
Screen_Shot_2016_01_10_at_11_39_53.png

My 1982 Tudor Prince Oysterdate 74000.

This was from the era when the Tudor's came in Rolex cases and bracelets. Although I've had to take the bracelet off for now, as the adjustment on it is extremely fiddly and I don't want to damage it!

daz

daz

Soldato
I've been meaning to put some more details about the Omega Seamster Aqua Terra Bond edition watch that I got for christmas, but then I came across this review which describes and photographs it far better than I could!

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f20/james-bond-aqua-terra-review-2121178.html

Loving this watch - I've barely worn anything else since Christmas! The dual straps (not mentioned in the review) also make it really versatile.

Good choice - I have the Skyfall AT :D

Soldato
It's a baby at 34mm, which gives you some indication as to the size of my wrists! Most watches these days are too big for me, hence why I had to change the strap.

Back
Top Bottom