Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Soldato
Are you flipping the GT4? So many stories of people leaving them in the OPC awaiting new registrations, people collecting them on trailers and OPC's calling people like me saying high Steve, I've got you one, just give me 20K over list and we're all set....to which I say "go **** yourself you bunch of hunts".

I am not planning to, a friend is offering me very strong money for my 991 if he can move his RS4.

Its really not worth paying so much to upgrade my 991 to a GTS but if its going to get me into a GT3 the cost of the upgrade world work out to very little in the long run. I need to have a proper chat with the dealer but there is a very nice yellow 4 GTS one going in leeds with bucket seats and PCCB's.

Soldato
On a scale of 1-10, how imaginary is your life?

not so much I just chop and change my cars but Im not loosing money on them, no kids, no rent to pay, divorced so no wife to support and I live at home again so my costs are low thus I can throw a bit of cash into cars which I enjoy.

Last edited:
Soldato
£100k is not just "a bit of cash", surely?

Yes but its not like I am spending it, I'm simply parking it in a car and I am only looking to buy because I can get into a GT car which would make me a bunch of cash.

Your life is literally the polar opposite of mine :p

Yep, both have its ups and downs. I did the family thing for some time but I'm quite enjoying the freedom now.

Last edited:

RSR

RSR

Soldato
I need to have a proper chat with the dealer but there is a very nice yellow 4 GTS one going in leeds with bucket seats and PCCB's.

Oooooooh realllllllllllllllllllllllllly? :D :p

EDIT:

Oh WOW :eek:

That's a lovely spec and also very rare!

Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
Carbon door sill guards, illuminated
Centre console trim in carbon
Cruise control
Floor mats
Full LED headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS +)
Light design package
PASM sport suspension (-20 mm)
ParkAssist front and rear
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Preparation outer door-sill guards, illuminated
SportDesign steering wheel
Sports Bucket Seats with memory package
Telephone module

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
[RXP]Andy;29033325 said:
Oooooooh realllllllllllllllllllllllllly? :D :p

EDIT:

Oh WOW :eek:

That's a lovely spec and also very rare!

Automatically dimming interior and exterior mirrors with integrated rain sensor
Carbon door sill guards, illuminated
Centre console trim in carbon
Cruise control
Floor mats
Full LED headlights incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS +)
Light design package
PASM sport suspension (-20 mm)
ParkAssist front and rear
Porsche Ceramic Composite Brake (PCCB)
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK)
Preparation outer door-sill guards, illuminated
SportDesign steering wheel
Sports Bucket Seats with memory package
Telephone module

no Bose, god dam it.

RSR

RSR

Soldato
no Bose, god dam it.

It's worth a look if you're in the area, I'd say though the standard speakers are a bit naff!

So ideally you'll want the BOSE or the Burmester, that said all the main speakers are in the front much like the Cayman / Boxster and you have tiny little ones in the rear.

Soldato
This forum makes me chuckle.

On one hand people pondering spending more than some people's houses cost on car. Yet someone else is wanting to spend less than £60 on vital engine components.

It's too much. I need to go to bed.

Soldato
[RXP]Andy;29033410 said:
It's worth a look if you're in the area, I'd say though the standard speakers are a bit naff!

So ideally you'll want the BOSE or the Burmester, that said all the main speakers are in the front much like the Cayman / Boxster and you have tiny little ones in the rear.

My car now has the Burmester and Im very impressed with it, way better than anything I have heard in a car before. I did upgrade the tweeters and sub in my last car form Bose to Burmester which was well worth doing.

Its nice but I fell the GT4 needs a bright color.

I don't understand WTF you have to do now to buy something like a 911R, given that you have a GT4 and a Carrera 2.

No idea as housey said you need to be spending big money with them before you start to get GT cars however there is a guy who bought a GTS with 12k discount on a factory order and is now getting a GT3 RS. Could be telling porkies who knows.

Soldato
The Burmester is an excellent system, definitely a huge step up from the awful stock and Bose setups that Porsche usually use. Only systems I've heard that better it are the B&O in the Aston Martin, or the the Naim in the Bentley, both of which are regarded as the best audio setups to ever appear in a car.

I wish I could store money in Porsche's like back in the UK. Over here, I lose $20-40k per car, that's a guarantee unless I buy a GT3/4 and never drive it.

Soldato
[ui]ICEMAN;29033737 said:
I wish I could store money in Porsche's like back in the UK. Over here, I lose $20-40k per car, that's a guarantee unless I buy a GT3/4 and never drive it.

I don't know how long it can go on for like that here. It does not seem like it but I spend a lot less running my cars than most forum members that buy a new 3 series because I have more or less no depreciation.

Man of Honour
I don't know how long it can go on for like that here. It does not seem like it but I spend a lot less running my cars than most forum members that buy a new 3 series because I have more or less no depreciation.

Which forum members buy new 3 Series?

Your 'no deprecation' claim is rubbish and has been shown to be rubbish in the past. You needed to not constantly change your story on how much you pay/sell for if you wanted us to believe that :p

Soldato
[TW]Fox;29034346 said:
Which forum members buy new 3 Series?

Your 'no deprecation' claim is rubbish and has been shown to be rubbish in the past. You needed to not constantly change your story on how much you pay/sell for if you wanted us to believe that :p

Well close to non, I made a little on some of the cars, lost a little on some but overall I am still a little up or more or less even.

Back
Top Bottom