DiRT Rally Hits Steam Early Access

Soldato
Is it possible to use the wheel only from either the g29 or g290, I can't use my feet so I'll be able to use the controls from the wheel only.

Is it possible to set it up so that would work? I would like to have a variable throttle, not too worried about the brake, do you think it could be set up this way without the pedals?

Cheers.

Soldato
you could set the buttons up on wheel to accelerate an brake.

Thanks, would that be on/off only rather than variable? I only need one variable for the throttle, but if it's only on/off buttons that's disappointing..

I's love to use a wheel, but I think I'll need the variability that the controller give over the on/off of the wheel as I'd need to use it :(

Thanks again.

Associate
Thanks, would that be on/off only rather than variable? I only need one variable for the throttle, but if it's only on/off buttons that's disappointing..

I's love to use a wheel, but I think I'll need the variability that the controller give over the on/off of the wheel as I'd need to use it :(

Thanks again.

SimRaceway SRW-S1 wheel which has good quality analogue paddles mounted to a regular Force Feedback base is your best bet: http://www.simability.com/

Caporegime
well after a week off dirt rally thought i would jump back in give group b a good smashing :cool: also polo and focus.

ended up with 2 world records today and 2nd and a 3rd. so good days racing :D

did a little comparison while trying out which is faster in group b.

came down to Peugeot 205 t16 vs Lancia Delta S4. the pug is hard to drive fast but it is quicker overall not by much though. the lancia though is easier to drive so some may favor that car.

video shows me getting 2nd in world with both. later broke wr with the pug 205 t16.

Caporegime
logitech profiler leave as is. tick box for allow game changes .centering on degrees of rotation 200-540. thats preference. i use 200.

ingame the tourque alignment is the real tricky one. i use low settings.

default is 100 maybe try 50 or lower and see how it feels.

down some nice times last few days. been mastering the hardest car in the game the lancia 037 :p to new players it can be daunting but when you get it right the RWD ferrari engined beast is really good fun !

Soldato
well after a week off dirt rally thought i would jump back in give group b a good smashing :cool: also polo and focus.

ended up with 2 world records today and 2nd and a 3rd. so good days racing :D

did a little comparison while trying out which is faster in group b.

came down to Peugeot 205 t16 vs Lancia Delta S4. the pug is hard to drive fast but it is quicker overall not by much though. the lancia though is easier to drive so some may favor that car.

video shows me getting 2nd in world with both. later broke wr with the pug 205 t16.

Very nice mate. Do you brake much or rely on handbrake more often? I always struggle on the very tight corners..

Associate
My settings so far,I'd be grateful for tips/tweaks or what I could try to change.ta
553d744f420b9fbe.png

11731cb640aa2a11.jpg

7dfda4362ba5ce67.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
jimhaumman enable centering spring (100 percent)

i would personally have the spring effect and damper at 100 also.

torque alignment just get a nice car that drives well.

so any 2010 car polo or fiesta and or a focus and just try wales tracks.

then maybe adjust the torque setting to your liking.

just remember it wont be instant.its not dirt 3. you do pick it up though.

Back
Top Bottom