**** The Official Note 5 thread ****

Soldato
New case this morning, its a Nillkin Frosted Shield for anyone interested.
I normally have my phones naked but saw this case and am quite pleased with it. Doesn't add any bulk, feels very grippy and actually has a raised section on the rear for the lens module. Also comes with a decent quality screen protector which was a bonus.

DSC00409_zpsztx0ioxd.jpg~original

DSC00416_zpstuqvmfhb.jpg~original

Associate
Is the Note 5 on Marshmallow? Tempted to buy a dual sim version, would like a 64gb but can only seem to find 32gb versions in dual sim.

Have been through a few phones the last year. My main was a dual sim Z3 which I think is a great phone, the dual sim and a microsd slot is excellent, but gave it up for my Mrs to use. Now on a Iphone 6s plus for french sim and Nexus 6p for UK.

Associate
Is the Note 5 on Marshmallow? Tempted to buy a dual sim version, would like a 64gb but can only seem to find 32gb versions in dual sim.

Have been through a few phones the last year. My main was a dual sim Z3 which I think is a great phone, the dual sim and a microsd slot is excellent, but gave it up for my Mrs to use. Now on a Iphone 6s plus for french sim and Nexus 6p for UK.

Which one do you prefer?

Associate
For pure convenience the Z3, as having 2 phones is a pain at times, but it was also a good phone, great battery life, the ui was nice, and being able to log my ps4 while away to see Xur's disappointing loot on fridays was useful.

As a pure phone, the 6P is the best phone I've had. Its fast, battery lasts really well, it feels really good quality with nice materials and feels comfortable to hold, and Android is not as restrictive as iOS.

Soldato
Hey Andy,

What was the final cost for the Note 5 that you imported? I'm in South Africa at the moment and can get a N920C 32GB for £585 which is a lot, but it seems like you didn't pay that much less after DHL stung you.

EDIT: Ignore that. The 32GB from MyGSM is £416 with delivery. Even if I got stung with a £105 customs charge I'd still be £65 better off.

Last edited:

kbc

kbc

Associate

There is a GOLD version Note 5 dual SIM available in 64GB. It does exist. I bought mine from HK when I was out there in mid-October 2015. So they should be about for import. Mine is still 5.1.1.

Soldato
I forgot to ask. When I have a missed call, it starts +144... I guess the phone doesn't know I'm in the UK? I can't see any locale settings though. Any ideas?

**EDIT** Oh, just called myself to check and it came up the correct number. Maybe nevermind I guess...

Last edited:
Soldato
Hi guys. Been trying to read through this thread as best I can this last few days (a lot of catching up to do!)

Obviously this phone is only really available off of the bay or foreign websites. I am looking at a couple on the auction site from 2 different sellers - creamyconcepts and t-dimesnion10, the latter of which I have seen mentioned earlier in the thread.

Does anyone have any input on which might be best to go with? creamyconcepts say they offer 6 month warranty and I see no mention on t-dimension10 although t-dimension seem to have slightly better all round satisfaction.

Finally I assume the "C" models are very much buyer beware with regards to EU Warranty since they are non EU?

I just have a feeling that I should go with the Edge Plus to give me a bit of leeway with regards to returns/warranty etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom