Corsair RBG Owners Club

Soldato
K95 and K70 with Fallout 4 theme.

Dsdgyn.jpg

Deleted member 76686

D

Deleted member 76686

I just got the Corsair Strafe RGB MX Silent and it replaced a battered MS natural 4000 keyboard, how long did most people find it took them to get use to their new keyboard?

Also I do find the alleged wrist rest a bit funny since it is so small my palms hardly even rest on it let alone my wrists ;)

What is the default colour most people have found best to run with?

Associate
just thought I would add what has happened in case anyone else runs into the same problem
bought my K65 a few months ago, all worked well, then reloaded windows 8.1
and although the keyboard lights up and works as one should do, when you install and load the corsair software utility, it states device not connected!

I even re re-installed windows again on a separate partition but still the same
I raised a trouble ticket with corsair and strangely enough once they had everything I was asked to provide, they approved an RMA of my keyboard, no answers as to what might have been wrong! very strange, just waiting the replacement now:rolleyes:

Associate
Well took the plunge, new K95 RGB is arriving tomorrow. Looked long at the Strafe RGB but I do use the media keys and volume wheel quite a lot on my current Logitech G110. Also the lack of macro keys on the strafe was the deciding factor.

Hope I don't regret it as in I hope I don't have endless issues with freezing, profile saving etc. like some have had on this forum.

Looking forward to it arriving tomorrow :D

Associate
Enjoy. Just got a K70 RGB. Love it. And the lights don't glare either (no too bright like they annoy) like on others and the strafe.

It's about 45 mins away, stupid bank holiday delayed order by 24 hours. Just waiting on DPD before I have to go see the missus' family in Salisbury for lunch :( have to wait til this evening :mad:

Associate
awmagawd! It's beautiful. software looks a little complicated though, will take some time getting around it and set up profiles etc but looks gorgeous. Is it meant to show up in device manager as K95 or anything as I have 5 separate HID keyboard listed as opposed to laptop which has PC/AT keyboard...... for a steelseries board.

Soldato
awmagawd! It's beautiful. software looks a little complicated though, will take some time getting around it and set up profiles etc but looks gorgeous. Is it meant to show up in device manager as K95 or anything as I have 5 separate HID keyboard listed as opposed to laptop which has PC/AT keyboard...... for a steelseries board.

Mine shows up in Device manager as 5 Separate devices rather then K95, been working fine for months, so assume its normal.

Associate
Anyone have an idea when the Strafe RGB Silent will be back in stock - I am chomping on the bit to get my hands on one from OC. There was and ETA of stock arriving on the 7th but never actually went to 'in stock'.

Associate
Anyone have an idea when the Strafe RGB Silent will be back in stock - I am chomping on the bit to get my hands on one from OC. There was and ETA of stock arriving on the 7th but never actually went to 'in stock'.

I've had one on order since 1st December, OC wont ship my whole system build till its arrived either :(

Soldato
** WARNING Drunkenmaster post WARNING **

I saw an offer for a refurbished K70 over the weekend and thought it was a enough to move away from membrane keyboards and back to mechanical.

From the initial play last night I have to say I'm disappointed. I thought the lights would be quite clear and distinct, but I find the leakage from under the keys makes it a mess unless you're sat on top of the keyboard. At a glance it can be quite difficult to see which key is which, though I generally touch type anyway. I could tilt the keyboard up, which ought to help, but then it's unlikely to be as comfortable for long periods of use.

The software is a mess, at least on the surface. When I get a chance to play with it for longer I might be more impressed, but at the moment it's as it was in the reviews I watched - needlessly complicated for basic configuration and about as unintuitive as you can design software. It's probably one of those very rare pieces of software which would benefit from a simple wizard option or something to get the basics going too.

I'm unimpressed that there aren't any basic profiles included for more popular software, such as a stock CS:GO profile, or Photoshop or something. I realise the whole idea is to give choice to the user and they want profiles to be swapped in the community, but it would have been nice to have some basic profiles included to give you an idea out of the box (rather than just the gimmicky effects they have included).

As for the transition back to a mechanical keyboard, it's OK but I'm struggling a little to adapt. I've used a Logitech Illuminated keyboard for what must be five years now, which has almost laptop-style membrane low keys (though good ones, not the crap found in cheap laptops), and I use the same keyboard at work, and they've been great. The light illuminates the key rather than the area around it and I've had no RSI, and that's the worry I'd have with tilting the K70 up at the back.

I've used plenty of mechanical keyboards in the past, but from the quick gameplay I had last night I'm finding I'm resting on keys a bit too much, meaning I'm not releasing the key very occasionally. I'm using browns and I guess blue or black would have stopped me doing that, but the threat of noise meant I was never going there. I'll learn if I give it time and it's not the fault of the keyboard in any way, it's just from my recent use of low-profile membrane keyboards.

Still, I've contemplated returning it. I really thought with all the hype it would be better than this, and videos and photos can't give an accurate representation of what the keyboard looks like. To me it's not the practical keyboard I thought it would be, it's too much of a gimmick, almost designed as the computing version of an old chavved up car with lights underneath or one of those garish gaming laptops from 4 or 5 years back. I was hoping that the lights could be practical but I find they're hard to distinguish unless you stare at them a bit longer which defies the point, so from my initial experience the lights are useless in that regard unless neighbouring keys are turned off, which isn't always ideal. It would have been better if you could dim individual keys (perhaps you can?).

Like I say I only installed it yesterday, but from my limited use I'm far from impressed for £100. I could have bought a standard refurbished K70 or more likely stuck with my Logitech Illuminated. I've got some o-rings coming as the brown isn't quite as quiet as I'd hoped, and with any luck they will block out some of the light leakage too which would go a long way to making the keyboard more what I had in mind.

Let's end on a positive though - the volume wheel is simplicity at it's best - it's awesome.

Last edited:
Soldato
At a glance it can be quite difficult to see which key is which, though I generally touch type anyway. I could tilt the keyboard up, which ought to help, but then it's unlikely to be as comfortable for long periods of use.

That one plus point my Strafe has over the K70 I had. The letters are more bold on the keys making it easier to see.

Soldato
I've got some o-rings coming as the brown isn't quite as quiet as I'd hoped, and with any luck they will block out some of the light leakage too which would go a long way to making the keyboard more what I had in mind.

I didn't realise that the o-rings are only small and only go on the upper-most part of the switch, so no taming of the light leakage. Oh well.

Associate
** WARNING Drunkenmaster post WARNING **

I saw an offer for a refurbished K70 over the weekend and thought it was a enough to move away from membrane keyboards and back to mechanical.

From the initial play last night I have to say I'm disappointed. I thought the lights would be quite clear and distinct, but I find the leakage from under the keys makes it a mess unless you're sat on top of the keyboard. At a glance it can be quite difficult to see which key is which, though I generally touch type anyway. I could tilt the keyboard up, which ought to help, but then it's unlikely to be as comfortable for long periods of use.

The software is a mess, at least on the surface. When I get a chance to play with it for longer I might be more impressed, but at the moment it's as it was in the reviews I watched - needlessly complicated for basic configuration and about as unintuitive as you can design software. It's probably one of those very rare pieces of software which would benefit from a simple wizard option or something to get the basics going too.

I'm unimpressed that there aren't any basic profiles included for more popular software, such as a stock CS:GO profile, or Photoshop or something. I realise the whole idea is to give choice to the user and they want profiles to be swapped in the community, but it would have been nice to have some basic profiles included to give you an idea out of the box (rather than just the gimmicky effects they have included).

As for the transition back to a mechanical keyboard, it's OK but I'm struggling a little to adapt. I've used a Logitech Illuminated keyboard for what must be five years now, which has almost laptop-style membrane low keys (though good ones, not the crap found in cheap laptops), and I use the same keyboard at work, and they've been great. The light illuminates the key rather than the area around it and I've had no RSI, and that's the worry I'd have with tilting the K70 up at the back.

I've used plenty of mechanical keyboards in the past, but from the quick gameplay I had last night I'm finding I'm resting on keys a bit too much, meaning I'm not releasing the key very occasionally. I'm using browns and I guess blue or black would have stopped me doing that, but the threat of noise meant I was never going there. I'll learn if I give it time and it's not the fault of the keyboard in any way, it's just from my recent use of low-profile membrane keyboards.

Still, I've contemplated returning it. I really thought with all the hype it would be better than this, and videos and photos can't give an accurate representation of what the keyboard looks like. To me it's not the practical keyboard I thought it would be, it's too much of a gimmick, almost designed as the computing version of an old chavved up car with lights underneath or one of those garish gaming laptops from 4 or 5 years back. I was hoping that the lights could be practical but I find they're hard to distinguish unless you stare at them a bit longer which defies the point, so from my initial experience the lights are useless in that regard unless neighbouring keys are turned off, which isn't always ideal. It would have been better if you could dim individual keys (perhaps you can?).

Like I say I only installed it yesterday, but from my limited use I'm far from impressed for £100. I could have bought a standard refurbished K70 or more likely stuck with my Logitech Illuminated. I've got some o-rings coming as the brown isn't quite as quiet as I'd hoped, and with any luck they will block out some of the light leakage too which would go a long way to making the keyboard more what I had in mind.

Let's end on a positive though - the volume wheel is simplicity at it's best - it's awesome.

I saw the same offer and picked one as well and I have to say I'm very happy with it. I can't type on it yet though! It's much flashier than I was looking at originally, I was originally looking at a Das Keyboard Professional 4 which is much more understated, but for the price I couldn't say no.

The lighting on mine isn't the most even, especially around the characters over the enter key and the numbers along the top. For example I can clearly see all the symbols along the top but the numbers themselves aren't that well illuminated. Likewise the @ symbol is shining bright but it's difficult to see '. It doesn't really bother me though as, like you, I mostly touch type (or I used to at least, it seems it will take me a while to get fluid at it again!). I think I would have preferred if they had isolated the lighting a bit more but that was one of the reasons I wasn't really interested in one before. But again, the price!

I like the feel of the brown switches and think they will be a good switch for me. The whole keyboard feels premium and well built. The software looks fairly heavy going but I only used it for a subtle blue backlight so that didn't take long to set up and forget about.

Associate
Have a K70 RGB but having an issue. Whenever I press the S key it presses 2 or 3 times and it is getting really annoying. I raised an RMA with corsair but they want me to pay my own postage to send it back. Am I being unreasonable to expect corsair to pay for me to send it back considering it's 4 months old and cost £150?

Back
Top Bottom