*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Associate
Yeah I know your pain on that one, it is annoying.

It's a shame theres no way to crack/mod the PS4 OS .... yet, Im sure someone will manage it one day. That will allow us to modify the appearance of our dashboard.

I really want a dedicated Twitch app too!

Associate
Got a PS4 for the home last Friday. My partner completed Journey and I'm hammering through Bloodborne with a fearsome decorum.

One question: I had Bloodborne (standard) then bought the GOTY edition; am I safe to delete the standard versions install without losing my save?

Soldato
Got a PS4 for the home last Friday. My partner completed Journey and I'm hammering through Bloodborne with a fearsome decorum.

One question: I had Bloodborne (standard) then bought the GOTY edition; am I safe to delete the standard versions install without losing my save?

Deleting the game does not delete your saved file

Associate
I am looking at picking up a PS4 in the next week or so, I was wondering how I could tell if the retailer is selling the updated model or is there a shop that you know of that definitely selling the newer one?
Also, any recommendations as to what my first 5 games should be? I was thinking Bloodborne, Last of us, Uncharted, Destiny and a racing game?

Thanks

Associate
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0...eywords=Tv&dpPl=1&dpID=51v8-rl1uBL&ref=plSrch

Does anybody use the above TV with their ps4? I'm looking at getting one for my daughter, who is only 8 so she doesn't need anything special and would like to hear people opinions on it or if anybody has have got one at similar cost and and could recommend one?

Not sure if this is helpful, but I was just loking at tv's and saw this which seems a good deal http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4533140.htm

Might be a bit big for your needs though.

Soldato
I am looking at picking up a PS4 in the next week or so, I was wondering how I could tell if the retailer is selling the updated model or is there a shop that you know of that definitely selling the newer one?
Also, any recommendations as to what my first 5 games should be? I was thinking Bloodborne, Last of us, Uncharted, Destiny and a racing game?

Thanks

It'll be the updated model by this point, I can't imagine there's much old stock left anywhere.

Soldato
Surely there would be enough space inside that horrible VHS case they used :p

Microsoft wanted to avoid the rrod from the 360 overheating etc warranty's that cost them a lot of money at the start of last gen. Hence the bigger case with larger fan, it does actually afford Microsoft a much quieter system to be fair. And those in the states or areas with iffy voltage or bad thunderstorms, if the power surges then it mostly only takes the PSU and not the entire system unlike ps4.

Pros and cons. X1 is one ugly system, ps4 is very elegant and compact but then it gets hotter and if it power surges then its maybe goodbye ps4.

I prefer the sleek design of the ps4 , but I guess both have good and bad points in regards to their designs and aesthetics..

Soldato
Picked up Toukiden: Kiwami and Wolfenstein the new order. Buy one get one half price from GAME. Never heard of toukiden but looks good.

Infinite Missions, double and triple weapon and armour content etc, looks good!

Associate
What's the best racing game on PS4? I'm looking at Project Cars and it seems pretty good from what I've seen. Also, Need for Speed 2015 looks not bad but that is still around £40. I know those are two completely different types of racers but I am not picky which style, whatever is the most enjoyable out there is what I'm looking for.

I also have Driveclub from PSN+ which I've never actually played.

Last edited:
Soldato
driveclub more arcadey and social activities implemented

Project cars more sim like.

I would go for Project cars personally but Ive not played it for a while, its a had a lot of updates since as well, likewise drive club.

Associate
driveclub more arcadey and social activities implemented

Project cars more sim like.

I would go for Project cars personally but Ive not played it for a while, its a had a lot of updates since as well, likewise drive club.

I'm tempted by NFS Rivals for $12 in the US Sale to supplement all of my other car games...

Back
Top Bottom