BT £12.5bn EE Takeover Cleared By Regulator

Soldato
Hopefully this won't end up being the case, but my experiences with BT's customer service have been atrocious. Genuinely hope they get their act together if they're to become the biggest mobile phone operator in the country.

I thought terrible customer service was a prerequisite for a mobile operator?

Associate
It already happened in Germany and Ireland, they now only have three mobile networks instead of four (and actually in Ireland O2 was swallowed up by Three).

It has, but, the EU commissioner in charge of these merger decisions has changed, and said that four is better than three (and blocked one in another country) - hence why I also think that we'll see it being blocked.

Good FT article here: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/b66bb7aa-5882-11e5-9846-de406ccb37f2.html#axzz3xSGXIvsO

As for EE and BT customer service, well, BT are looking to bring contact centre roles back into the UK, and I think EE are stuck with a large outsourcing agreement which they'll likely need to untangle before BT can make many changes.

I do however think we'll see a rebrand to simply 'BT' - given EE is so new and never really seemed to resonate with anyone, I don't think there's much merit in trying to retain it.

Soldato
hmm,

Im with ee at the moment and dislike bt to the point Im considering moving now, on a sim only contract so should be able to get out easy enough. Im with virgin for all my other stuff and it looks like they are moving to vodafone so I might jump ship to them

Last edited:
Soldato
hmm,

Im with ee at the moment and dislike bt to the point Im considering moving now, on a sim only contract so should be able to get out easy enough. Im with virgin for all my other stuff and it looks like they are moving to vodafone so I might jump ship to them

On a serious note, why leave EE just because its likely they will be owned by BT in the future?

I can understand on cost perspective but Vodafone's network is objectively worse on 3g and 4g.

If your doing it because you don't like BT, that is madness.

Associate
Well goodbye EE, your years of innovation will now go down the loo because of BT's cost savings at all parts of your company. Prepare for awful customer service and a slow, bloated network.

Slow will be the operative for rural coverage. Expect BT will slow high speed rural coverage to a crawl. You only have to look at how they shaped with rural broadband.

Back
Top Bottom