OCUK RR Meet Deux : Revenge is Coming

Soldato
OCUK RR Meet Deux - Revenge is Coming

Riteo all, ill put updates in this post so people can ref it.

Location - Powerstation (www.powerstation.org.uk), Cheltenham, Gloucestershire

Date - Rolling Road on the 2nd October 2004, 9am arrival for 9:30 start please

Events - RR In morning, Hungry Horse for meal at lunchtime, followed finally by the night out in cheltenham town :D

Contact Details - if you need to clarify anything, ill be available on msn 99% of the time ([email protected]) or ill give out my mob number nearer the time :)

same as last time, 25 quid a car, aim to be there for 9 with the first car on the rollers by 9:30 :)

This time there will be awards. (open to suggestions, but so far ive thought...

Good Ones -
Highest BHP, Highest Torque, Biggest Improvement, Loudest Exhaust, Dedicated Member (largest distance traveled) Best bhp per litre, best lb/ft per litre, highest rpm
Boobeh Ones-
Lowest BHP, Lowest Torque, Biggest Loss,

Runners (definate)
Stoom - BMW 328
Austyin Powers - Astra DTI
Dogma - ERST
Peternem - Mondeo
Freefaller - Mondeo ST24
Gilly - Clio Cup
Simon - Rover 220 Turbo
Smokes - Rover 220 Turbo
ramierez - prelude
WillGill - S2000
Stoofer - S13 Nissan 200SX drift ****
Silicon Slave -200sx
eidolon - MR2 Turbo
Beany-corvette
R220 - Prelude
Merlin - Scoobeh
chenko - fto
Total - 17

(IF ANYONE ELSE WANTS TO RUN PLEASE LET ME KNOW ! :)

Speccies
Conanius
Lowe
Vertigo
paradigm
james
Fox - Mondeo Ghia X RSAP
Scuzi - Passat TDI
SenTineL
grad

NIGHT OUT

Please see

here

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
sorry, should have put this in.

merlin managed to get it for 25 quid a go last time, but we needed like 15 people + running, ill have a word with him and get all the details as from what I can tell he's a busy man :)

Soldato
Sorry i haven't been about mate, 9am - 5pm i'm working (temporarily) with my boss sat next to me so no msn at work!!

I'm in (to run) but strictly subject to it NOT being at powerstation.

Maybe people can thow in some suggestions for a more accurate RR. Power Engineering/G Force maybe?

Late Sept fine with me, i know you wanted to chat about the organisation etc but it's dead easy - a few words of advice :-

1 - Let the majority pick the place

2 - YOU pick the day, Sat worked well last time

3 - Once the place and day is set - dont back down or change it for anyone.

4 - Fax or email the RR to make the booking - these people aren't great with paperwork etc

5 - Make they give you a price inc VAT - some quote without.

:)

Soldato
OP
hmmm, was gonna say let it be AT powerstation, that way we could compare to the last set of readings.... im a bit iffy about the readings tho, some seemed PERFECT (ala my car, dangerous's car) but some were a bit out... what can you do :confused:

Soldato
I know G Force has a very good reputation for a very accurate RR and lots of Scoobies have had RR days there so it cant be so bad. Also its just up the road from me ;)

Its either that or a place that has a dyna pack so you get decent measurements at the hubs, which means Thor or Abbey. I guess Abbey is too far south for most.

Soldato
I'm in as a spec for definite, still don't think I'll run the car tho, as if the unthinkable happened and it went bang I'd be in very serious trouble, so it's just not worth the risk. At least you wont all have to drool over my torque figures ;) :D

I'm with merlin in that I think we should try another RR, though obviously that's more down to the runners than the spectators. I understand what Con is on about with regards to comparisons, but tbh, although Powerstation was spot on for the FWD cars, the RWD and AWD numbers were out by a country mile IMO.

Back
Top Bottom