NEARLY 2 YEARS WAITING: New Mustang GT PP is finally mine!

Man of Honour
Nice one Gibbo, good to see you finally got it. I like it and it certainly makes all the right noises. I still think your mental parting with the 997 for it but it will be good to see how this one progresses and 700+ hp with a charger sounds like massive fun :D

OcUK Staff
OP
Nice one Gibbo, good to see you finally got it. I like it and it certainly makes all the right noises. I still think your mental parting with the 997 for it but it will be good to see how this one progresses and 700+ hp with a charger sounds like massive fun :D

Agreed the 997 was incredible and be hard to find an example like it again but I like to try different things. In this weather the Mustang would not see where the 911 went, it was so damn capable as a car and I cannot see the Mustang ever coming close to its handling ability on the road in the wet, but not many cars could to be frank.

I am loving it, actually managed 16mpg today which is more my normal driving, no insane traffic jams due to snow and a mixture of country roads and city driving, so not to shabby at all, but these Pzero's in the wet are hopeless no traction at all, they might improve as afterall they are brand new tyres so no doubt after a few hundred miles the tyres will get better.

I must get the exhaust on tomorrow, will try not to drink to much tonight! :D

Soldato
Apparently seen at a Ford dealer somewhere in the UK...

CY3ZXcpWUAAy2RM.jpg

Associate
Lovely car, and very jealous!

I was tempted to order one when they were first available, but my head won out over my heart... slightly regretting that now!

Soldato
Very Jealous, sounds like a bargain purchase to me. I am a little gutted I didn't order one myself now as I've seen 2-3 in the flesh around where I work and they look gorgeous. Join up to V8UK as they'd love you on-board for their upcoming meets.

I await the exhaust as it doesn't sound american enough yet...see my ex for inspiration:

(Borla Stinger cat back with straight pipes/no backboxes)

Caporegime
Agreed the 997 was incredible and be hard to find an example like it again but I like to try different things. In this weather the Mustang would not see where the 911 went, it was so damn capable as a car and I cannot see the Mustang ever coming close to its handling ability on the road in the wet, but not many cars could to be frank.

I am loving it, actually managed 16mpg today which is more my normal driving, no insane traffic jams due to snow and a mixture of country roads and city driving, so not to shabby at all, but these Pzero's in the wet are hopeless no traction at all, they might improve as afterall they are brand new tyres so no doubt after a few hundred miles the tyres will get better.

I must get the exhaust on tomorrow, will try not to drink to much tonight! :D

Must admit when I had pzero's I found them to be a bit meh in cold temperatures. Come the summer though whether wet or dry they were outstanding. Wore very quickly, only last me about 10k miles.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

Fitted my rear decklid last night, very easy to do, just undo 4x 7mm bolts in the boot and I then pulled it off with my hands, swap cameras over and reversal. Does not take long and is easy to do.

ORIGINAL

IMG_5555.jpg

New running pony decklid

IMG_5585.jpg

IMG_5586.jpg

Those who know their Mustangs will realise this is the EB rear decklid from the USA, but there is no mistaking my car for a V8 from the noise the 5.0l badges all over the car. I went with this because I feel it simply looks the best and cleanest of them all and it really sets the rear-end of. :)

My average mpg is now hovering in the 16-17mpg range and the car is now over 100 miles, struggling to clock them up due to all the horrible weather.

Still loving the car, still hating the clutch pedal and the car is getting so much attention on the road and when parked up, even in this horrible dull weather. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Looks much nicer. I agree though I think Red lights woukd look better not a fan of the clears.

Not sure if same colour but with red lights.

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
That looks much nicer, do you think you will end up going for the red lamps?

Colour there looks similar to my boss's Storm Grey XE he took delivery of on Sat. Be good to see how sunlight effects it.

I was all set for red lamps or tinting the current ones dark, but now I have the car I actually like them. But I think the clear lights only work on silver and grey cars, on other colours they look completely out of place.

But for now they can stay, but I could vinyl them red or tint or just get a set of red genuine US lights and wire them in.

OcUK Staff
OP
Red 1000000 times over. I wasn't sure to begin with but that picture above, looks so much better with red.

For now clear stays as I quite like them. :)

When I change wheels to a darker colour in future then I may also change the red lights as well but will probably just buy a US set as I don't like the vinyl wraps as they well don't look real.

Back
Top Bottom