BMW and M Power Owners

TMP

TMP

Associate
Thought the 235i was brilliant drive, reasonably economical also. For me the interior was a bit of a let down, shame they don't offer something a bit more premium for the m235i.

Just went for an e92 m3 as the leased diesel wagon is going back, should be a suitable replacement for a 2ltr diesel :)

Soldato
Borrowed an X5 40e Hybrid for a couple days to see if it's worth ordering a 330e. Short version is it's bloomin amazing and fits my commute great. I want it.

Now though, colour combo? I want Estoril Blue, I have lusted after it since the E36 and I simply must have it. Interior, I actually like the idea of Saddle Brown, but worry what it would look like in real life. Black is boring, Red looks stupid with Blue exterior and the Oyster makes the carpets etc. too light imo.

Thoughts?

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1185060

TMP

TMP

Associate
Can't go wrong with estoril... Have you looked at leasing by any chance? Saw there were some rather attractive deals on the 330e few weeks back.

Is this the one you need to plugin to charge, or it recharges on breaking and such?

Soldato
Borrowed an X5 40e Hybrid for a couple days to see if it's worth ordering a 330e. Short version is it's bloomin amazing and fits my commute great. I want it.

Now though, colour combo? I want Estoril Blue, I have lusted after it since the E36 and I simply must have it. Interior, I actually like the idea of Saddle Brown, but worry what it would look like in real life. Black is boring, Red looks stupid with Blue exterior and the Oyster makes the carpets etc. too light imo.

Thoughts?

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1185060

You want the x5 40e or 330e? Are the two even remotely similar to drive? With regards the combination, brown and estoril generally looks pretty good.

Associate
Love the M235i - one of the best looking cars BM have put out for a long time.

I also joined the N55 gang over Christmas. Picked up an M135i on New Year’s Eve.
Here’s a few snaps from delivery day, taken at the glorious Gloucester services while on the way home.

20151231_113906_HDR_zpswcjg9cei.jpg

20151231_113840_HDR_zpsnsx4soem.jpg

It’s a fantastic car and a huge upgrade over my outgoing E87 130i. Bigger, faster, better built and just generally a much nicer place to be. It’s also a really good drive. The amount of available grip and speed that can be carried is really quite eye opening after the 130i. The difference the Comport/Sport/Eco-Pro makes to the character and performance of the car is marked and makes it a fantastic drive in all conditions thrown at it so far, including motorway miles, B road blasts, and commuting to work in stop-start traffic.

The spec isn’t huge - Mineral Grey, ZF Autobox, Pro Nav, Heated Seats - but ticks all the boxes I need from a car and is a big step up comfort-wise from an E87 (which is fairly poor in anyone’s estimations in that regard). I also added black M Performance grilles and the Performance Exhaust for delivery, both of which are great additions to the car (no, I didn’t pay BMW’s mad RRP for them!)

Prior to ordering the M135 I’d made serious consideration of some other options, notably an E9* 335 or a new Focus ST3. Although obviously a more expensive option, the M135i just ticks all the boxes: Fast, Economical, Comfy, and really is a superb car for the cash.

So yeah, I’m a happy chappy!

Soldato
Can't go wrong with estoril... Have you looked at leasing by any chance? Saw there were some rather attractive deals on the 330e few weeks back.

Is this the one you need to plugin to charge, or it recharges on breaking and such?

Yes I'm looking at PCH.

You want the x5 40e or 330e? Are the two even remotely similar to drive? With regards the combination, brown and estoril generally looks pretty good.

Sorry I should have been clearer. I want the 330e but there are no demonstrators, I don't think there have been even any UK customer deliveries yet.

However, the X5 40e has the same EDrive system (slightly larger battery and the 28i engine map instead of 20i) but the way it all comes together and functions should be broadly similar. That's what I wanted to test by borrowing the X5. Also to prove I could charge at work (just the practicality of spaces/cables etc.).
I did also drive a 328i MSport to get a feel for the 3 Series itself with similar performance to the 330e.

It works incredibly well, the switchover is really seamless and even on electric only mode the performance is more than adequate for around town.

Soldato
I didn't think I'd say this when I bought it, but the M135i is the one car I really don't miss owning.

Most weeks I wish I still had the E89, but not the 1...

Associate
I didn't think I'd say this when I bought it, but the M135i is the one car I really don't miss owning.

Most weeks I wish I still had the E89, but not the 1...

Oddly, I couldn't wait to get shot of the E87, I found it incredibly soulless. I miss my E46 massively though. I doubt the M135i will have such a lasting impression, but as a package it's a great piece of kit and much more engaging than my last car.

Soldato
Quick question. My father in law has a 2015 2 series and would like to stream music over Bluetooth from his android phone.

The streaming function works fine but he can't seem to skip track/change artist etc using the iDrive controller. Do the folders need to be organised in a certain way?

Soldato
Whats the deal with F10 headlights, are they halogen as standard with xenon being an optional extra? Asking because pre LCI models with xenons seem to be a rarity in the classifieds which is annoying.

Also, are sports only available on the M sport models?

Relatively unfamiliar with BMW trim levels, imagining they're much the same as Audis?

Man of Honour
Whats the deal with F10 headlights, are they halogen as standard with xenon being an optional extra? Asking because pre LCI models with xenons seem to be a rarity in the classifieds which is annoying.

Pre LCI:

Standard Halogen headlights with Halogen indicators
Optional Xenon headlights with LED indicators, most commonly optioned as a Visibility Package with High Beam Assist and Adaptive Headlights

Post LCI:

Standard Xenon headlights with Halogen Indicators
Optional LED headlights with LED indicators. Visibility Package now includes LED, not Xenon.

In practice what happens is that most pre LCI cars of good spec have a Vis Package with the full lighting upgrades. Most post LCI cars, including M5's, just stuck with the standard Xenons with halogen indicators.

Also, are sports only available on the M sport models?

Are sports what?

Seats?
Transmission?
Wheel?

Soldato
Thanks for clearing that up, Fox - 'visibility pack with high beam assist' makes sense now.

Oops, I meant sport seats. I remember you mentioning the crappy plastic base in an older post when i was talking about the prospect of getting one this year so they arent a must.

Just bought a new place so weighing up options.

Man of Honour
I have Sport Seats and my 530d is an SE. The only fundamental aspect of an M Sport you can't get without having an M Sport is the bodykit and the specific alloys (And the steering wheel but the regular one is virtually the same).

Back
Top Bottom