My Shelby GT350 - Lots of pics!

OcUK Staff
Dave I absolutely love it, totally awesome car beyond belief and a crying shame Ford won't bring the Shelby 350 to Europe let alone UK otherwise I would have purchased one of those in a heart beat.

Enjoy it I absolutely love driving mine and it just regular GT version, the Shelby must be completely mind blowing. :)

Soldato
OP
Dave I absolutely love it, totally awesome car beyond belief and a crying shame Ford won't bring the Shelby 350 to Europe let alone UK otherwise I would have purchased one of those in a heart beat.

Enjoy it I absolutely love driving mine and it just regular GT version, the Shelby must be completely mind blowing. :)

As I said, whenever you're over here, you're more than welcome to take it for a drive!

It's a real shame they won't bring it to Europe, but then again, who knows? A year ago there was no Mustang in the UK, now look where we are.

I'm really excited to see how yours turns out, and will be following with great interest.

Going by your old cars.. I don't think price bothers you to much.. ha.. Promise.. I'm not jealous.. Now where are my Ford fiesta keys.. :(

Honestly, if you've worked hard and you're proud of what you have, that's all that matters!

It sounds "exotic" rather than "American". It's bloody awesome :D

That will be the flat plane crank! At higher RPM it definitely sounds a lot like my F430 did. I'll be putting equal length headers on it soon too, so it'll sound a lot more like the Ferrari after that.

Soldato
Lovely car. However I wonder how Gibbo feels with all your lot saying "it so much nicer Gibbo's", "so much better than Gibbo's" !!! :)

Soldato
OP
Lovely car. However I wonder how Gibbo feels with all your lot saying "it so much nicer Gibbo's", "so much better than Gibbo's" !!! :)

Indeed, I think Gibbo's car is fantastic, and I'm very proud of him for working so hard to buy what he loves. I'd prefer if statements like these above be kept to their respective owners.

OcUK Staff

It does not bother me at all, GT<Shelby, the Shelby will always look the more aggressive and be the better car. I told Ford I want to put a deposit down, to be simply told the 350 will not come to Europe, so no chance of me getting one. :(

I have to stick with the lowly GT with just 5.0', but by the time I have finished it will look better and certainly go much quicker, even put a Shelby to shame in a straight line by the time I have finished. :D

OcUK Staff
I would prefer the looks of Gibbo's with the engine of the shelby tbh.... I would add red lights though... :)

Yes but due to my plans the Shelby's engine is not as suitable for a blower, you can still supercharge them but the 5.0l due to compression and crank is better.

The regular 5.0 with an exhaust sounds incredible also, for me the 5.2l sound awesome but too exotic/european like, I have steered away from an exotic exhaust for mine in favour of a very american muscle sounding exhaust. I've got exotic/rasp with the M3, I want low deep V8 burble. :)

Soldato
OP
It does not bother me at all, GT<Shelby, the Shelby will always look the more aggressive and be the better car. I told Ford I want to put a deposit down, to be simply told the 350 will not come to Europe, so no chance of me getting one. :(

I have to stick with the lowly GT with just 5.0', but by the time I have finished it will look better and certainly go much quicker, even put a Shelby to shame in a straight line by the time I have finished. :D

Yep, no chance I'll win a straight line race after you're done! It won't even be fair.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
VERY nice.

Question for you that you'll probably know.
I was reading somewhere that Aston are going to be using a 5.2ltr engine to replace the existing Cossie unit. My assumption is that the 5.2ltr is a stand in, until the new Merc engines arrive.
Do you believe that Aston will be using the same engine as the GT350?

Back
Top Bottom