What does everybody do here?

Associate
SO what does everybody do here, work wise? It'd be interesting to see what kind of jobs us geeks have, any far out jobs like Steve Irwin style, any fighter pilots that could share a story, Wolf of Wall Street types or pro gamers?

I'm tech support (2nd line) for a large blue chip company, it's a grind day to day but third line is in sight, just waiting for the job opportunity then bam, life get's a lot better, I hope.

Man of Honour
Business intelligence developer, so I work with reporting and shifting data around our various databases. Not a bad job, racking up some good experience though which is the important thing.

I do the odd bit of door work/security but no where near as much as I used to.

Soldato
I work for a large engineering/manufacturing firm producing machines for pack houses and airports.

I'm the head laser guy but i spend most of my time drawing 2D CAD/CAM and nesting sheet.

Soldato
SAP BASIS Consultant, which means supporting the database, application and to some degree with operating systems as well. Currently supporting a large player in making engines. :)

Also got drafted it to support Oracle Primavera here which puts me into a niche position of SAP and Primavera knowledge.

Soldato
It'd be interesting to see what kind of jobs us geeks have.
I bet it isn't...
Business intelligence developer, so I work with reporting and shifting data around our various databases. Not a bad job, racking up some good experience though which is the important thing.

I do the odd bit of door work/security but no where near as much as I used to.

I work for a large engineering/manufacturing firm producing machines for pack houses and airports.

I'm the head laser guy but i spend most of my time drawing 2D CAD/CAM and nesting sheet.

SAP BASIS Consultant, which means supporting the database, application and to some degree with operating systems as well. Currently supporting a large player in making engines. :)

Also got drafted it to support Oracle Primavera here which puts me into a niche position of SAP and Primavera knowledge.

...see! boring as **** :D

Associate
I work in the project team for a managed services company so I spend my time configuring anything from a new Active Directory domain to setting up IPSec VPNs. I have started to do a bit more architecture/design work recently which is more interesting

Associate
OP
Most on here are IT bods who try and big up their job where in reality it's a very simple job with poor pay :):)

Ouch! Nah that's me lol.

This one time a lady did actually annihilate her printer with a sponge and a bucket of soapy water, I don't know how she misinterpreted 'with a damp cloth' :D

Soldato
I graduated as a Pharmaceutical Scientist and now legally design products that's highly additive and marketable to kids and adults, as far as I know, a lot of them loves it so.

Soldato
I also work in CAD but in infrastructure. Most of our work is for Network Rail/ Highways England. My team does bridges 90% of the time but we do anything from motorway gantries to tunnels.
I guess sooner or later I will end up on HS2 and then most of you that are against it can hate me. :p

Back
Top Bottom