US: The Shield

Ian

Ian

Associate
Just about the greatest show ever made and the only one i wish i could erase my memory of to rewatch. Especially THAT ending to season 5!!!

Associate
SoA is on my list too. Is there a 'real' link to Shield or just has some of the same actors making an appearance?

No link (besides both having a gang called the One Niners), just pretty much the entire cast showing up in one role or another over the course of the show. Just don't look up who or what actors do, there's at least one great moment that'd get crushed if you know it's coming.

Man of Honour
Kurt Sutter created both SoA and The Shield which explains the One Niners and nabbing a large part of The Shield cast for Sons.

Loved The Shield really need to go back and rewatch it, don't think I ever quite finished it.

Soldato
Unfortunately these days more and more shows are getting cancelled before they have a chance to finish properly. Personally I thought Breaking Bad finish was great, but perhaps the best, for me, was The Wire. Loved the ending of that.

Associate
You're in for a treat then, as it's the only series I've seen with a proper well thought out ending.

This is very true,few shows have such a well thought out satisfactory ending as the Shield,it was pretty much perfect.

Also about the SoA connections,another little easter egg is the naming of 'Venus Van Damme' in SoA. In season 2 of the shield Lem and Shane accidentally are witlessness's to a traffic dispute involving an Armenian they are following,Shane claims to the Armenian that his name is Cletus Van Damme :D

Soldato
It is definitely one of those programs that's good to watch a bunch of episodes in one go. I did find there was a bit of a lull (possibly series 3 or 4) but as Kreeeee said, the ending was definitely well thought out.

Interesting nods in SoA from The Shield such as what happened to Lemansky.

Well written show, very well cast and good story-driven program overall. Personally it's much better than SoA in my view - different show in many ways but executed so much better in The Shield.

Commissario
Just need Vic to appear in Sons of Anarchy and that is the whole lot
I appreciate that this is a massive, absolutely huge thread bump but I've just finished watching The Shield and it's one of the best series I've seen in a long time.

Vic does appear in Sons of Anarchy. He's obviously under an alias but I think there's no doubt this is Vic. He even has the right number of children :D

Soldato
I thought The Shield was excellent. One thing that annoyed me is a huge spoiler I read on IMDB's old forums where someone in the US put as the subject the actual spoiler,
Shane kills Lem with a grenade
, so it was ruined despite my not having clicked into the thread. And these were the days when programs were shown in the US months before they were shown over here if they ever were.

Caporegime
I appreciate that this is a massive, absolutely huge thread bump but I've just finished watching The Shield and it's one of the best series I've seen in a long time.

Vic does appear in Sons of Anarchy. He's obviously under an alias but I think there's no doubt this is Vic. He even has the right number of children :D

Wait he was meant to be Vic? I thought it was just Chiklis playing another character, that's awesome if true :D!! Both great shows but The Shield is one of my all time faves. Sons was great bar the last season/episode/scene :p.

Commissario
It probably wasn’t Vic but it’s nice to think that
after he finished his three year stint with ICE, he quit the force and went off to be a truck driver.

Associate
I don't think I've ever been more annoyed at a character than when Vic sold Ronnie out. Ronnie who stuck with him and was the ever reliable one covering everyones backsides.

Associate
Is this actually available on any of the streaming services? I must have seen it all the way through at least 4 times, but want to show the Mrs as well. Would be good to find somewhere that at least has English subtitles though to make things easier.

Back
Top Bottom