Babies are bloody expensive!

Soldato
£12k over six MONTHS ?

Gold trimmed nappies ?

Some of that cost was lost earnings as my partner chose to have more time off outside of Maternity pay.

We probably got about £1k back from selling nursery furniture, push chair, bases and car seats when they were finished with.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anything wedding or baby is a rip off. They are important times for people and people want the best so companies take advantage, its amazing how many people fall for it and pay.

Underboss
That's some expensive boobie milk.

My wife preferred a £20 manual, but if your partner wants it, my advice would be to get it. The hormones after child birth make cray cray women cray cray!

Man of Honour
And yes babies are expensive - endless nappies, wipes and out growing clothes.

Ah yes the clothes. Constant buying as they grow. Perfectly good shoes that are now too small. Then all the school stuff when they get to that age. And Christmas and birthdays get progressively more expensive as they grow too :)

Basically just open your wallet and hand it out because you won't see much of it anymore.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wife didn't even use a breast pump, it was either on the boobie or getting fed from a bottle with baby forumla - top tip, don't let health care professionals guilt your wife into having to breast feed, not all women can produce enough to feed the baby. Our health visitor etc were pressuring my wife for weeks, child wasnt' putting weight on until I persuaded her to give her a bottle of formula (just one), wife and baby got the first decent sleep in weeks after that.

From them on we mixed and matched, wife enjoyed breast feeding as the pressure was off. I gave any healthcare professional an ear full if they even tried to guilt trip my wife and we had a happy healthy baby.

Also kids aren't that expensive, they can be - but like the others have said you can usually get better, cheaper alternatives. such as baby monitors. Our first one cost over £100 (camera, movement pad etc), I hated it - sold it to a mate who was about to become a dad and got a £20 one that only has a mic and a nightlight, it's brilliant, still use it to chat to our 5 year old when she's being noisy!

Soldato
You'll soon look at lost or spent money in the same way you regard a little bit of spilled salt.

It's sleep that children really cost you, thousands of hours of sleep you won't get back untill your children are telling their children not to wake grandad 'cos he's old and tired.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I dont know much about boobies,But why would you even need a breast pump..cant she just wip em out and let the little one feast?

Sometimes so the dad can feed or someone can baby sit. Other times they skip a feed and the breast need draining as when they are really full they are the painful. Other times some babies can't "latch" or have trouble feeding off the breast but they still want to feed breast milk.

Soldato
We're currently renting an industrial-style breast pump for about £45 a month. It's apparently far more efficient than the ones you can buy in Motherless.

My wife doesn't find it funny when I make mooing sounds .:p

Back
Top Bottom