• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

New GFX card

Associate
OP
thanks for the replys :)

are the 7870; or 7950 any better than the 750ti or anything from the same price

think he wants a nvidia card, are the 750ti cards any good?, or what 2nd hand nvidia card would you go for please

Last edited:
Soldato
A 770 or 680 or 670 would be around the £80 mark ( if you can find one ) and any of those I suggested would be a lot faster than the 750i.

As has been said though you can't go wrong with a decent 7950/7970 again if you can find one.

The only difference is 2gb vram vs 3gb vram but at high settings in games you would be fine on either.

Soldato
750 is very good, the TI be even better and you can pick up used ones for £80ish or could get a 650ti for £65 or have a look on gumtree, there are quite a few choices on there depending where you are, gtx660/680/760 r9 360/270x, 7950 and more all for under £80.

if you wanted new then the gtx 750 if you can find one in a sale that cheap

Associate
The GTX750Ti is about 95 pounds, the GTX750 is about 85 pounds brand new.

Might as well get the 750Ti. What card is he coming from?

All the cards mentioned above are faster if you want to go 2nd hand. 750Ti is decent enough for the small money though.

Soldato
I would buy 2nd hand rather than pick up a 750ti tbh. Most of the low end 750ti come with 2gb vram which isn't enough for gaming at all.

depends what you playing, i dont really know how demanding BF4, Battlefront, evil within, wolf new blood to name 4 of my most demanding games i own, but i dont run into any vram issues with my 1gb.

Associate
I would buy 2nd hand rather than pick up a 750ti tbh. Most of the low end 750ti come with 2gb vram which isn't enough for gaming at all.

That's a bit sensationalist. 2GB is fine for a card like the GTX750Ti. If you want a brand new card with full warranty you can't do better in that price range.

If you want a second hand card that's fair enough, a GTX670 is about that price range if you're set on Nvidia. That's a 2GB vram card as well mostly.

Permabanned
depends what you playing, i dont really know how demanding BF4, Battlefront, evil within, wolf new blood to name 4 of my most demanding games i own, but i dont run into any vram issues with my 1gb.

Depends what settings you use, BF4 uses well over 3gb vram maxed out and well over on higher resolutions. 4gb vram isn't enough on a lot of games

Associate
But that's a silly argument, obviously with a GTX750Ti you're not going to be playing at high/ultra settings or past 1080p. At settings that the core of a GTX750Ti is capable of powering at decent FPS, 2GB vram is plenty.

It would be a different story using a powerful card bottlenecked by 2GB vram like say, the GTX690.

Permabanned
That's a bit sensationalist. 2GB is fine for a card like the GTX750Ti. If you want a brand new card with full warranty you can't do better in that price range.

If you want a second hand card that's fair enough, a GTX670 is about that price range if you're set on Nvidia. That's a 2GB vram card as well mostly.

2gb vram isn't enough at all.

Soldato
Having owned a 670 i can say that for the power the card had the 2gb vram was perfectly fine as the card ran out of grunt before vram in the later games.

Hence the reason i got a 780 which is still perfectly playable on ultra / very high settings at playable framerates using 2.8gb ram.

Associate
honestly the best out of that lot would be 7950 used; 3 gigs of ram; still extremely fast card; its performance hasn't been crippled in drivers *coughs unlike Keplar*

Tosk you have access to the MM here; good place to look. buying 750 ti over a 7950 is a mistake; as its that much slower....

Back
Top Bottom