I've been to the Nurburgring again. WHAT a trip ! LONG report completed.

Soldato
I dont know if anyones mentioned this, but you could put a strip of paint or nail varnish across your boly head to see quickly and easily if its moved or not.

Associate
OP
Nige said:
Once I`d done I was walking back to the Golf and Tom said "Nige, those French people filming the SEAT`s were having a good nosey round the Golf..."

They asked if they could video the Golf. `Yeah, sure !` so the cameraman set about getting some external footage. Then the presenter asked if I wouldn`t mind talking on Camera. Er, yeah, ok.... He asked about the Golf, how long I`d been going to the ring, why I went to the ring and that sort of thing. All the while the cameraman felt to be about 12" away from the side of my face.

Now I`m sure I`m not the only person here who doesn`t like hearing a recording of their own voice. Neither do I like seeing myself on film. IF this ever ends up further than the cutting room floor, I suspect I`ll watch the interview cringing the entire time and watching from behind the sofa....
blush.gif
I received a message yesterday with a link to the show which was released on 9th January.

The full version is here : > > Direct Auto < <

The Seat on the Nurburgring clip is from 83:50 and the Golf makes the briefest of appearances at 85:45.

Some good news and even better news. !

The good news ? They did include around 3 seconds of the Golf. This is the presenter pointing to it
point.jpg

A few short screengrabs from the footage
yup.gif

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

But the even better news ? They didn`t include my interview !
veryhappy.gif
That`s good for me because I won`t be embarassed watching and listening to myself on TV and good for you because you won`t have to watch and listen to me on TV
l0l.gif

Soldato
Only just seen this after today's bump - really good read :)

Did the 24Hrs with Darren and others off the Northloop site a few years back, epic fun and have good memories Comfy Corner too :)

Associate
OP
I don`t recognise the username off Northloop ? I`m guessing you use a different one on there ?

I`ve spent MANY late nights in the Comfy Corner over the last 10 years :D

Soldato
I don`t recognise the username off Northloop ? I`m guessing you use a different one on there ?

I`ve spent MANY late nights in the Comfy Corner over the last 10 years :D

No same username over there too, although I haven't been on the forum for a long time now. Was the organised trip to the 24 hour race in 2011 with Darren, Gary Kinghorn & others - epic fun :)

Soldato
Ahhh I see.

I was watching last night and thought hey.... I've seen that car before.

I think that's the great thing about the Nurburgring. It attracts people from all walks of life... The famous and the not so famous.

I love it.

Associate
OP
Ahhh I see.

I was watching last night and thought hey.... I've seen that car before.

I think that's the great thing about the Nurburgring. It attracts people from all walks of life... The famous and the not so famous.

I love it.
No problem at all. These rambling reports probably blend into one for those who read them anyway
l0l.gif

I`m out in April, May, July and August. I can not wait ! 6 full days on track at the ring this year
happyclap.gif

Associate
Thoroughly enjoyed reading that, thanks for taking time post.

I was there in November with a mate and we did a few laps in his Focus RS, we'd done a factory tour of the Ford Saarlouis plant where they're built the day before.

There was a massive Dodge RAM meeting going on too, hundreds of them there.

Back
Top Bottom