Alien: Isolation...

Associate
Just checked istheranydeal and apparently the lowest its ever been is £6.39 from SilaGames, and is that price at the moment. Though I've never heard of them or used them, so not a clue if they are okay.

I guess it also could have been a bit cheaper from some dodgy key sites, but at the end of the day at £7.99 you're not gonna save a massive amount more if you wait ages.

Thanx for that ive never played it so i may give it ago

hux

hux

Soldato
Ah crap, tried different mice turned vsync off but no luck.

Can't roll back the drivers, or check game cache as I've no net until the 9th.

hux

hux

Soldato
Not that I know of, mostly using W10 drivers.

Only thing I can think of is the Asus eztune app, might try disabling that as it does dynamically alter the cpu speed.

hux

hux

Soldato
Interesting seems there is a W10 bug.

New Windows 10 build 14251, you guys should download it, if you have Windows 10.

Something for PC gamers to know in a fix for this build version. -

We fixed the issue where some PC games would crash switching from windowed mode to full screen, upon game resolution change, or upon launch due to a bug in Windows graphics stack. So play your games! If you run into any issues – please let us know by reporting in the Feedback app and include the game title.

Associate
I really do hope this gets a sequel. I ended up spending 20+ hours on my playthrough (partly due to the hard difficulty I chose and also a bit of idle while I paused the game for occasional breaks and such). The higher the difficulty, the better, If one hasn't played this on at least hard (I hear they released nightmare in an update), I recommend one goes back and tries it.

Soldato
It takes a little while to get going properly. You'll know when it does ;) my only problem is not being able to play more than 30mins at a time! Too stressful.

Soldato
I was the same actually... Played it for about 40 minutes when first got it and wasnt overly impressed. Then picked it up again maybe a month later, became completely hooked and completed it and Ripley DLC.

The beginning of the game does feel like run of the mill generic clichéd game. But, soon after Mr Alien shows up, the game jsut takes it to another level and keeps it there till the finish.

I still have it as one of the top-top games that I have ever played, together with the original DeusEx, Half Life etc

Soldato
I'm so so so careful that I've not actually been killed by him (alien) once, apart from the cut scene where you see him the first time and then the thing afterwards - vague on purpose in case I spoil it for anyone.

He's been near plenty of times as I can see him on my radar but by then I'm already breathlessly hidden away.

When I did see him on the radar for the first time I nearly had a heart attack seeing the speed at which that thing can run. He zipped across the radar screen like a cheetah. No way on earth I can see myself getting away when he has me in sight.

Back
Top Bottom