Cordless phone with nuisance call blocking - opinions

Soldato
Yes got a set of these, being using them for the past four months and no complaints. Those people that actually want to speak to us for a valid reason are happy to announce themselves (after which you can add them so not challenged again) and those that just want to spam either hang up or end up getting auto blocked.

Man of Honour
We got the BT8500 twinset last January as we were being bombarded by nuisance calls every day. Since we have had this we have had none at all. It comes with the 200 most common numbers blocked plus extra numbers are added by the press of a button if you need to. You can also whitelist numbers so they don't have to go through the call blocking procedure. There are a couple of drawbacks though.

1. Witheld numbers are automatically blocked so many NHS numbers or similar can't get through to you. Bit of a pain when you are waiting for some test results.
2. There are always several idiots that can't be bothered to follow the simple instructions when they call you and just hang up at the start of the instruction message. All they have to do is announce who is calling. It's not that difficult!!

Apart from that they are great phones and at around £55 for the twinset are a excellent buy and a small price to pay to stop these parasites from calling.

Before anybody says TPS, it just doesn't work or these callers don't check it.

Soldato
Yes got a set of these, being using them for the past four months and no complaints. Those people that actually want to speak to us for a valid reason are happy to announce themselves (after which you can add them so not challenged again) and those that just want to spam either hang up or end up getting auto blocked.

Can you tell me - When you get a incoming call and it is answered by one phone and it's for someone else in another room do you have to transfer call or can you shout "It's for you" and they press green button and can talk away and other person can hang up ?

At moment I have a 6500 set and to be honest it's pant's - I can't do what I have just asked - you have to transfer the call - You try telling a woman of my wifes age how to do it !!

Also do you have another phone plugged in as well - I had a desktop phone by PC and it worked fine with my old Calypso set - All would ring together - This 6500 let's desk phone ring for about 6 rings before it rings - also caller display didn't work half time so now this 6500 has to go but for what I ask myself. - I want my desk phone back.

Associate
2. There are always several idiots that can't be bothered to follow the simple instructions when they call you and just hang up at the start of the instruction message. All they have to do is announce who is calling. It's not that difficult!!

These are the kind of people that I'd be specifically looking to stop :p ;)

Back
Top Bottom