eBay Selling Question

Associate
I've listed an item on eBay which sold last night.

The winning bidder contacted me immediately asking me to send my PayPal email address or a request for payment via PayPal.

I thought that this was strange as payment should have been handled through eBay, so I replied saying so. The buyer contacted me today to say that he was unable to pay via the eBay pay now button.

I think this is a scam, but not sure what I should do next, or what they'd gain by me sending them a payment request via PayPal?

Soldato
if they send via PPG they're not covered by buyer protection... if they really want to void buyer protection tell them you'll accept Bank Transfer only.

They're probably confused as to how the system works though, send them an invoice via the seller dashboard. And try not to be so paranoid.

Soldato
Send them an invoice by the eBay seller dashboard, remind them if they haven't paid within a reasonable time and if it still isn't paid then file an unpaid item claim and just resist / offer to the second highest bidder.

Associate
OP
Zero, hence my paranoia...

Only joined in 2016 too. Pretty sure that it's a scam, I was more asking about when I can offer it to the second highest bidder etc...

Associate
It's not easy to back out of a sale, you can't really open an unpaid case if they're trying to pay, and the only other way is to get them to agree to a cancellation request.

Soldato
It's not easy to back out of a sale, you can't really open an unpaid case if they're trying to pay, and the only other way is to get them to agree to a cancellation request.

You can open an unpaid case if you've only listed with Paypal as the payment method and the buyer is unable to fulfil this criteria by paying through eBay.

They can try to pay all they like, but if it isn't via the method that you prescribed, i.e. through eBay, then they are unable to pay.

Back
Top Bottom