** OUR SECOND 8 PACK APPROVED OC BUNDLE: OVERCLOCKED, DISCOUNTED, ELITE TIER VERY FAST!! **

Associate
Strangely enough after working fine I had a strange issues with this bundle over the weekend. When switching off the computer Windows would show the Shutdown message, the monitor would lose input and then suddenly it would flash back to the Desktop. Hard shutdown (holding the power button) and resets worked fine but it wouldn't shutdown the normal way at all.

I managed to fix it by disabling fast boot through windows (the hybrid shutdown). However it probably has nothing to do with the bundle and something to do with a failed Windows update.

It did take me a while of reseating cables, checking the memory and so on to find the solution. So in the unlikely case it happens to anyone else now you know how to fix it.

Caporegime
Just noticed something odd with the chipset ( INF) drivers for this. I noticed this driver has been updated on the gigabyte website (today 2016/01/13 funnily enough) to version 10.1.1.13, however when I go to install it, it asks if I want to downgrade the version I am on !? I checked and the version I must have got when I first set up the PC is version 10.1.2.9 which is obviously a higher number/version

However, when you look at when the files were created the 10.1.1.13 driver was created 28th October 2015 and the 10.1.2.9 version was created on the 29th July.

So what the hell version am I supposed to be running :p

I was only checking for updates really because HW monitor seems to be a bit finicky and can cause a BSOD if you close it whilst it is opening or something else interferes with it when it is opening ( and thought chipset drivers might remedy this)

Last edited:
Associate
Strangely enough after working fine I had a strange issues with this bundle over the weekend. When switching off the computer Windows would show the Shutdown message, the monitor would lose input and then suddenly it would flash back to the Desktop. Hard shutdown (holding the power button) and resets worked fine but it wouldn't shutdown the normal way at all.

I managed to fix it by disabling fast boot through windows (the hybrid shutdown). However it probably has nothing to do with the bundle and something to do with a failed Windows update.

It did take me a while of reseating cables, checking the memory and so on to find the solution. So in the unlikely case it happens to anyone else now you know how to fix it.

Not related but thanks for the info, been having this issue with my win 10 rig since I built it. I put it down to one of those windows bugs. Just found the fast boot settings and turned it off. No more having to go back to my PC to do a hard shut down, when I'm half way out the room.

Would only do it once in a while, but its annoying never the less.

OcUK Staff
I don't install chipset driver myself. I am sure unless u are experiencing problems any x99 is fine.

On system's running this combo in our technical dept no issue has been flagged up.

Yes on win10 disable fast boot. This is indeed a windows bug.

Caporegime
OK, thanks. Only issue is with Hardware Monitor. It appears that if it is interrupted whilst opening by trying to close it I will get a BSOD. Today however it did it just when opening it but I was fiddling about with origin at the time which might have also been trying to gather system information so maybe that was the cause.

Soldato

I too have recently been getting "gremlin" power ups of my bundle, having turned off the system via Windows 10 icon, waited to see the pc physically switch off and then I come through ~2 later to find pc is on!

I think it might be somehow connected to watching online streaming on my better half's Skylake pc in the lounge.

I already had fast boot unchecked in Windows Power Options.

So last night, when I found my pc on again after watching a few episodes via streaming in the other room, I went into Device Manager and changed the settings for the Killer network card, it now needs a "magic packet" to wake up.

We shall see if this cures the "gremlins" tonight...

Soldato
Associate
Could someone tell me whether the Lycom DT-120 would work for the M.2 adapter to get the most out of the 951 SSD?

I'd been planning on getting the Asus one when it was £20, and wanted to get a few other things addressed first (one of the RAM sticks failed after 48hrs) and it'd gone up £3-4 and figured i'd wait, and i've just looked and its now £30 but theres the Lycom one that *might* work, cant see anything to suggest it wouldnt but not certain.

Store link: https://www.overclockers.co.uk/lycom-dt-120-m.2-pci-e-ssd-to-pci-e-adapter-card-hd-000-lm.html

Manufacture link: http://www.lycom.com.tw/DT-120.htm

Is it just a 10Gbps/1x adapter, no better than whats built into the Gaming 5P mobo, or is it actually going to utilise the full PCI-E pipeline, cos it mentions "Compliant with 39Gbps PCI Express 3.0" but not the fact that its 2x, 4x or anything. Is that the manufacturer conveniently leaving that absent, cos its basic 1x support, or does the 39Gbps imply it'll support those speeds (provided the SSD can too)?

Also, what was the latest on adapter + 951 as the boot drive, would an updated bios fix that, i seem to recall some people saying they were having issues, while others were fine, and im using that drive as the boot OS currently, which makes me think it was probably adapter related? Have bios updates addressed the issue, or is it not a factor?

Last edited:
Associate
Finally got around to adding all my Flight Sim bits & bobs today. To support all this I've used 2 USB powered hubs. One USB2 and one USB3. When the USB3 one is attached, regardless of any devices being plugged in to it the PC hangs on the opening BIOS screen.

Any ideas?

Also tried the USB3 hub without the 2 one present and it still hangs.

Associate
My PC does (or did) the same thing , always the Saitek x52Pro causing the issue it would seem ..

I believe its a windows 10 USB issue as it required unplugging the saitek so the PC would boot into windows , then had to repair the USB Hubs in the device manager by update driver but select the driver manually thats already installed (usually 2 of them needed the repair) then a reboot before plugging the saitek back in.

Dont know if that helps any

Associate
Thanks, I try what you suggest this evening. However it seemed to me to be hanging before Windows started to load but maybe that's just an illusion.

OcUK Staff
Finally got around to adding all my Flight Sim bits & bobs today. To support all this I've used 2 USB powered hubs. One USB2 and one USB3. When the USB3 one is attached, regardless of any devices being plugged in to it the PC hangs on the opening BIOS screen.

Any ideas?

Also tried the USB3 hub without the 2 one present and it still hangs.

This is a windows 10 issue with certain usb devices.

Associate
I ended up disabling the USB fast boot item so the devices are only powered/enumerated after the OS starts to run. Makes accessing the BIOS awkward, unless I get a PS/2 keyboard out, but at least I don't have to unplug everything 1st each time.

So M$'s focus with W10 really was to spy on you rather than produce a reliable/bug free OS! Should have stuck with W7.....

Associate
I have been having nothing but problems with my bundle since the day I got it with constant crashing and not booting when it was overclocked. Now for whatever reason it won't even boot on the standard clocked spend even after clearing the coms I have to go into the bios and manually overclock it to 4.1 everytime I boot the pc to make it work :(

Motherboard has been rma'ed today hopefully it was a faulty board and all my problems will be solved fingers crossed.

Asa

Asa

Associate
Still finding I have to crawl under the desk and flip the switch on my PSU every time I shut the PC down. Windows shuts down OK now, but the mobo keeps the PSU active. All the fans and lights stay powered on (case fans, anything plugged into PCI-E, anything molex).

I've unplugged various bits of hardware, disabled on-board peripherals, but it seems so long as I have the 24pin connector to the mobo then it will keep the PSU alive.

Still frequently having to uninstall/reinstall the Killer NIC as well.

The bundle seems great on the whole and the performance is cracking, but I regret the choice of mobo and memory.

Back
Top Bottom