Complex Macros possible on my G510s?

Soldato
Since my Audio card has been giving up on me, and while I am waiting to chose a new card, I have dug out a few options.

I am using a USB SoundCard for my normal speakers as that is 5.1 Channel, but also my keyboard is a Logitek G510s and that has its own Audio device for my headphones.

Both the USB setup and the keyboard have quite surprisingly hal;f decenty audio, and to be honest, I wont mind really staying with them to be honest.

my previous card was a creative Recon3D with the drive bay add on and it cost me £200 and yet this USB thingy only cos me £3 on ebay and thequality isnt all that different ( liar, but its still very good )

The only issue I have, is swapping over from one to the other means that I have to go into the playback devices and select the one I want to use and so this is a pain in the bum.

So, is it possible to make up complex macros that would let me assign a key to select the chosen sound card?

Associate
You might want to look at something like AutoHotkey - a quick search has popped up this tutorial for using AutoHotkey to swap default audio device with a key combo in Windows 7 (Some people in the comments have posted some modifications for W10): http://theitbros.com/hotkey-to-switch-audio-devices/

Hope this does the trick!

EDIT: Just found a GitHub project that may be of interest - don't think it offers a hotkey but will still save you some clicks: https://github.com/sirWest/AudioSwitch - pre-built binaries are available on the "AudioSwitch latest setups" page.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Absolutely, yes thanks, I also rememebrered just after posting, that I had this question before, and I downloaded some taskbar app that did it... I tried looking in my files but I failed to find it, and so I went hunting and I found a whole load of them... Some much more useful than others and I have gone with an app called STADS.
I think may I also have Audioswitch, but I will certainly have a look at it.

Thanks mate.

Associate
this could be a lifesaver for me!. Only problem is, when ever i go to download it, i get the following message from google drive:

Sorry, this file is infected with a virus

Only the owner is allowed to download infected files.

never seen that before!.

anyone had any luck downloading the latest version?...or any version for that matter.

Associate
this could be a lifesaver for me!. Only problem is, when ever i go to download it, i get the following message from google drive:

Sorry, this file is infected with a virus

Only the owner is allowed to download infected files.

never seen that before!.

anyone had any luck downloading the latest version?...or any version for that matter.

I've just had a look at the Releases section on GitHub and managed to download the latest: https://github.com/sirWest/AudioSwitch/releases - I appear to have linked to the releases page from the old Google Code page that's since been moved over to GitHub last time. Hope you have a bit more luck with the GitHub link!

Back
Top Bottom