• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Pure Hair comes at a very low performance hit - Great stuff

Caporegime
Am still only on a single msi 290 same GPU I think @1040/1250 with 16GB DDR3 1866 and i7 3770k @4.4

Yeah think you are running the gaming edition MSI 290, same one as me.

Rest of my pc is in sig, I would have thought it was perhaps my cpu and/or ram but as you can see from my screenies, they aren't really being pushed too much, at least not compared to other games i.e. star wars, gta 5, division, bf 4 etc. etc. :confused:

Caporegime
Possibly but I didn't think 21.9 2560x1080 was that much more demanding though...

It just puzzles me that even with everything off/low, my fps are still below 60, like I said earlier I can max every other game at more or less a constant 50-60fps with only a couple of settings turned down a bit, even assassins creed syndicate runs better...

What is your CPU usage?

Associate
yeah RoTR release was a great one for amd users, some stuttering but with 16.1.1 its totally gone, so no big issues

xtSvZ4m.jpg
my 7970 is running great on high preset :D
around 40-60fps @ 1080p on a ~3 weeks old drivers and runs better now on 16.1.1

it seems that developers that develop their own hair extensions are great :p

HD 7970, FX-8350, 32GB RAM, 850 PRO SSD
this game will take up around 10GB of system memory when it gets a chance

Last edited:
Soldato
It seems from some digging, that the Windows 10 store version is a joke. It will not run exclusive fullscreen which for xfire and AMD in general is very bad. It runs absolutely, completely terribly for me.

Not only that but Windows 10 store sticks everything in an app folder, one I can't find a way to access. I've seen picks of a config tool I presume is in the installation folder but I can't use or see it, nor config files, not sure where saves are.

With xfire it's now unplayable as xfire does appear to be 'working' in windowed borderless(not sure if it used to or is supposed to), in as much as with xfire enabled the game is a completely unplayable mess that even the loading screens get weird. It appears to stick while loading unless I alt tab a few times at which it starts loading, in game is a stutter fest of awfulness.

Pre xfire driver where xfire simply didn't work it was far more playable. The store version, lack of access and inability to run properly full screen is insane.

£6 wasted as it stands, unbelievable they'll sell you a game but it doesn't have the basic standard gaming feature of running fullscreen. First and only time I've used the Windows 10 store, last as well.

Not sure if this will help or not as its instructions for w8/8.1, but I can't imagine ms have changed much in this respect for w10...

http://www.fixedbyvonnie.com/2013/12/where-are-apps-in-the-windows-store-installed/#.VrL9a3pFAm8

Hope this helps find the install/config files/folder you're looking for :)

Caporegime
Well in an attempt to try and find a fix to improve my performance issues by searching various forums (mostly neogaf, it usually has some good tips), website etc., it seems like a lot of people and sites are reporting issues with performance, it seems to be more AMD users having problems but even some nvidia users are also having issues i.e.

http://www.destructoid.com/pc-port-report-rise-of-the-tomb-raider-336747.phtml

So I think it is safe to say, either AMD need new drivers or/and more likely..... the game needs a patch or 2.

I can understand not being able to max the game out with my rig and get 50+ FPS but to only be getting around 55fps and still have my FPS fluctuate massively with everything on low/off isn't right.... especially when I can run the likes of GTA 5, batman AK, battlefront, BF 4, fallout 4 etc. etc. more or less maxed out with 50-60FPS for 90+% of the time.

Even assassins creed syndicate and the division beta ran/run considerably better on my pc.... Honestly, I think this is the worst PC game ever for me in terms of performance, aside from batman arkham knight (although kaiden's config tool on steam fixed most of the serious issues)

Last edited:
Associate
Just finished downloading it, won't get a real chance to play it until monday and wednesday (my days off) but tested it with very high on most stuff (just not shadows and other less than necessary stuff) with 8x AF, HBAO+ and all the other side bits on and it seemed fine on my laptop. Will have to get one of those fps counters to see the dips in later areas though. Will test it proper later on as I said though.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just finished downloading it, won't get a real chance to play it until monday and wednesday (my days off) but tested it with very high on most stuff (just not shadows and other less than necessary stuff) with 8x AF, HBAO+ and all the other side bits on and it seemed fine on my laptop. Will have to get one of those fps counters to see the dips in later areas though. Will test it proper later on as I said though.

First couple of missions are "ok" but when you get to the soviet installation, the FPS tanks and fluctuates massively, at least with my pc anyway.

Lots of changes being made to ROTTR steam depots: https://steamdb.info/app/391220/history/

I suspect a patch is incoming soon.

Hopefully, I really want to get this completed before far cry primal & the division are out.

Caporegime
Make that 4 crashes now! :D Wonder if it can beat the amount of times batman arkham knight crashed for me :p

On a separate note, FPS issues does seem to be a problem with soviet installation open area, other areas, the FPS are 50+ for the most part.

Caporegime
OP
Make that 4 crashes now! :D Wonder if it can beat the amount of times batman arkham knight crashed for me :p

On a separate note, FPS issues does seem to be a problem with soviet installation open area, other areas, the FPS are 50+ for the most part.

Not seen anything about crashes for the majority playing ROTTR. Maybe something up your end?

Caporegime
Perhaps.... Although I haven't had any issues like this with other games except batman arkham knight (which was fixed with a clean install of W10)

Caporegime
Possibly, I didn't have MSI/RT running so couldn't keep an eye on that stuff, will keep an eye on it the next time I play though.

Caporegime
Not sure if this will help or not as its instructions for w8/8.1, but I can't imagine ms have changed much in this respect for w10...

http://www.fixedbyvonnie.com/2013/12/where-are-apps-in-the-windows-store-installed/#.VrL9a3pFAm8

Hope this helps find the install/config files/folder you're looking for :)

Tried it already, no idea why but nothing I do within security is giving me control of the folder. I don't think I ever even opened up the store with Windows 8 so not sure if that does work, possible MS changed something since then for all versions of Windows or just Win 10. Irksome at best.

Soldato
ahh that sucks, I hope a work around is found, I'm very much looking forward to gow:ue on the PC which is guaranteed to be w10 store exclusive.

Permabanned
Not seen anything about crashes for the majority playing ROTTR. Maybe something up your end?

Perhaps.... Although I haven't had any issues like this with other games except batman arkham knight (which was fixed with a clean install of W10)

I've experienced 3 or 4 random ctd's in around 18 hours of the game so they do happen.

Caporegime
Yup I am on my 5th CTD in 10 hours now....

New patch didn't fix the memory leaks nor the fluctuating performance for certain areas either :(

Definitely the worst PC release for me in a long time. At least with batman akrham knight, more or less everyone had issues and we had kaiden's tool, which fixed most of the serious performance issues.

Back
Top Bottom