Sony announce the a6300

Associate
So not even a week after I getting my Sony a6000 and lenses (the 18-105 PZ just arrived in the post today :)) Sony announces the a6300 !

Available in a few weeks ($1,000 or $1,150 with kit lens, around £700 and £800 in our money) and it looks very nice.

I'm very happy with my newly acquired a6000, the price tag of the a6300 would have been too high after adding lenses and stuff.

The Verge review.

Anyone interested in the Sony a6300?

Caporegime
Even though I just got my a6000, I'm happy to see new models come along as it means better lens support. Hopefully start doing some good mid range lenses as everything is either cheap or overly expensive atm.

Man of Honour
Well, I was tempted to replace my A6000 with the new camera with some of the rumours that were going around about this camera.

Well, not now. Far too much for not enough of a step forward.

Shame, the 120fps FullHD sounds fun and the focus speeds is barkingly speedy.

Associate
Typical Sony really, incremental update and enormous price bump.

Should have sold my A6000 and not been lazy though, imagine the used market is going to fill up with them and as a result they'll probably drop in value.

Associate
Love my A6000 however not looking to sell it for this. Quite disappointed that there is no IBIS, unless that's going to be reserved for the next "tier" of Axxx camera

Soldato
I've also just joined the Sony line-up with the same camera and lens as OP.

I'm not too fused about this release as it isn't enough of an upgrade to make me wish I'd waited.

IBIS would have been nice as it would have made using older lenses that much easier but otherwise for what I'll be using it for the a6000 will suite me fine.

Soldato
Even though I just got my a6000, I'm happy to see new models come along as it means better lens support. Hopefully start doing some good mid range lenses as everything is either cheap or overly expensive atm.

Well they've also announced some new lenses, but I'd imagine they're going to be even more expensive than the current line up.

Soldato
4K video using all of the APS-C sensor pixels (no crop) for under £1k - wow

Yep tis indeed a big deal and it looks like they maybe aiming at the Gh3 / Gh4 crowd but with no official battery expansion available and the battery life on this being actually worse than the A6000, anyone hammering 4k on this better have a pocket full of spare batts.

Soldato
I only use old Pentax glass on my a6000 so this is a no go for me.
The two things I wanted were IBIS mostly and a better EVF would have been nice. So Im still happy, though will keep below 135mm unless I have a tripod. Long term will probably go for a A7rII in a few years once prices have come down as Id love to use my 55mm F1.2 at its natural FL

Soldato
To those of you with the A6000, can I pick your brainz on how it performs? Specifically I'm interested in its' low-light capability, how well you feel it handles it on auto, as well as what its' burst mode and video are like?

Considering getting one, but I'd like some real-world opinions of it first :) Cheers!

Associate
Was waiting for this to be released to (hopefully) drop the A6000 prices further. Don't really need the improvements, especially for the price difference...

Back
Top Bottom