***ArmA 3 Thread***

Associate
I just want a Arma 3 server that is pure military, are there any servers that play human vs human ?

Have a look for King of the Hill, Wasteland and EUTW.

They are all good PvP servers. KOTH and EUTW are decent to play solo as its easy enough to run solo in the AO (KOTH) or group up in EUTW. I find myself getting bored very easily if I'm playing Wasteland solo though, lack of people to talk to gets boring.

Pretty specific buuut..
Does anybody have an i7 around 4.5GHz, a 980Ti and 1440p monitor?

Would you follow me on a server for 10-20mins so we can compare FPS in the same location? Will paypal you the equivalent of an expensive beer :)

I've just gone from 1080 to 1440 and the lower fps in the built up areas is hurting a little.. G-Sync helps it a lot but I'd much prefer the higher framerates in the first place

Want to know if I'm going to see a good improvement going from a 980 to a 980Ti.

I'm only on a 1080p monitor but rest of the spec is bang on, if you plugged your 1080 back in we could do the tests and then it'd just be a case of averaging off a few FPS to account for the res upgrade?

Soldato
Have a look for King of the Hill, Wasteland and EUTW.

They are all good PvP servers. KOTH and EUTW are decent to play solo as its easy enough to run solo in the AO (KOTH) or group up in EUTW. I find myself getting bored very easily if I'm playing Wasteland solo though, lack of people to talk to gets boring.

I'm only on a 1080p monitor but rest of the spec is bang on, if you plugged your 1080 back in we could do the tests and then it'd just be a case of averaging off a few FPS to account for the res upgrade?

Yeah worth a try, it'd be on an EUTW server as that's where I play mostly. What's your steam? Just give me a message when you're up for it?

Is the new map due soon?

All going well, we should see it towards the end of April.

bJN

bJN

Soldato

A few FPS? The change in grunt needed to go from 1080p to 1440p is huge - over 50% more pixels! That's going to take a toll on any system.

Soldato
Pretty specific buuut..
Does anybody have an i7 around 4.5GHz, a 980Ti and 1440p monitor?

Would you follow me on a server for 10-20mins so we can compare FPS in the same location? Will paypal you the equivalent of an expensive beer :)

I've just gone from 1080 to 1440 and the lower fps in the built up areas is hurting a little.. G-Sync helps it a lot but I'd much prefer the higher framerates in the first place

Want to know if I'm going to see a good improvement going from a 980 to a 980Ti.

I have a i5 2500K @ 4.5G + 980TI , I used to have 2 x 980 OC but I got rid of them

Trying to compare on mp servers is a waste of time, the server itself will effect things better to try on single player

Soldato
Man, the ai absolutely sucks in this game. Took a hq last night and coop server and didn't spot two guys in separate buildings until it should have been too late but they just sort of got a bit stuck in the buildings, didn't crouch didn't try and get and cover and I was able to walk up to them and ko them. Very lame.

Isn't this game about 18 months old? How can the ai be so crap? I guess this is why they have stupidly good accuracy as otherwise the game would be far to easy.

Soldato
Is the difficulty set by the server? Sounds like it was set too easy...

I agree there could be better integration in terms of AI calling in air strikes and armour, as they don't do that at all. AI using drones...yes please.

Soldato
I have a i5 2500K @ 4.5G + 980TI , I used to have 2 x 980 OC but I got rid of them

Trying to compare on mp servers is a waste of time, the server itself will effect things better to try on single player

I know that full well :p But if I'm in the same position as somebody else, looking the same direction at the same time with the same settings then it's going to be somewhat comparable.

Man, the ai absolutely sucks in this game. Took a hq last night and coop server and didn't spot two guys in separate buildings until it should have been too late but they just sort of got a bit stuck in the buildings, didn't crouch didn't try and get and cover and I was able to walk up to them and ko them. Very lame.

Isn't this game about 18 months old? How can the ai be so crap? I guess this is why they have stupidly good accuracy as otherwise the game would be far to easy.

Most likely down to the server itself. Whether it be a difficulty setting or server lag.

Associate
Like the majority of games, A3 is much more enjoyable playing with others or even better a squad of some kind.

Mainly playing WoW at the moment but do like to dip in and out and play this. Will play most game-modes, add me on steam ( see below)

Associate
Put KOTH on today and equipped the GM26 Lynx for a change.

Although it seems since one of the recent updates where they overhauled fatigue etc that you cant even so much as jog or run with this weapon. You can only do a slow walk and fatigue is at maximum even when stood stationary. And as some of you know, max. fatigue seems to blur/dull the edges of the screen which is extremely annoying.

Surely this is a bug? :/

Soldato
Player v Player Multiplayer: 1200/600/100 - unless I get in an armoured vehicle and can actually see beyond that range.

If I'm going into Kavala then I'll drop 1200 to 600.

Back
Top Bottom