Laser eye treatment - who's done it?

Caporegime
I had lasek at the beginning of last year and am pretty much recovered now. You can read about it in my blog here:

https://lasekeyes.wordpress.com

I chose LASEK over LASIK just because i didn't like the idea of permanently weakening my eye. The recovery period was a lot longer and pretty frustrating but I thought it was a price worth paying. Almost a year later and my vision is pretty good now, better than 20:20 but not as sharp as when i had glasses before (i used to have very good vision with glasses though). However it's great waking up in the morning and being able to see, and also not having to worry about contact lenses falling out

Apparently there is now an improvement on PRK... TransPRK. http://www.transprk.com.sg/

A place near me does it so going to check them out soon.

Associate
I will get it once an optician and an ophthalmic surgeon has the operation themselves.

If the profession is not willing to get it - that is a concern.

Look at the small print and think long and hard.

Soldato
I will get it once an optician and an ophthalmic surgeon has the operation themselves.

Indeed,

I had corrective surgery last year (Cataract/Glaucoma rather than laser, so I had to have it or go blind rather than having it just as a way of not wearing glasses any more) My Surgeon was very good and does lots of these sorts of procedures (both Laser and cosmetic lens replacement). Indeed he has recently gained a Professorship.

He nevertheless continues to use contact lenses himself! :/

(Which incidentally are also not without dangers, especially if you are sloppy with regard to hygiene)

Associate
Just wanted to add that everyone is different and anyone considering that should always take it into account. In my case I was back wearing glasses after 18 months and had pain in one eye for over a year. I'm certainly not a normal case, but it is important to know it won't always give the desired result.

Posted from Overclockers.co.uk App for Android

Sgarrista
Commissario

My surgeon had it done...

https://www.londonvisionclinic.com/staff/mr-glenn-carp/

A patient’s perspective

Aside from treating his mother Shelley, Mr Carp also has an invaluable empathy with his patients, having had LASIK eye surgery with Prof Reinstein himself in 2006.

Caporegime
Lasik surgery for me is tomorrow in Liverpool at 11:30am, to say i'm bricking it is an understatement, i've been researching far too much and the horror stories you hear don't exactly put your mind at ease :p

Back
Top Bottom