Images of items I have purchased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Xaiomi Mi Band. Like a FitBit, but considerably cheaper with considerably better battery life.

I've had a fitbit flex, a Garmin VivoActive and a Mi Band and the Mi Band is just bad at counting steps. On similar days the Garmin and FitBit would get pretty close, the Mi Band would be short by 1000 or so steps.

In other words, there is a reason they're so cheap :)

Caporegime
I've had a fitbit flex, a Garmin VivoActive and a Mi Band and the Mi Band is just bad at counting steps. On similar days the Garmin and FitBit would get pretty close, the Mi Band would be short by 1000 or so steps.

In other words, there is a reason they're so cheap :)

I've zero interest in counting absolute steps. Anything mounted to your wrists is going to have a margin of error. I use GPS apps for walking and cycling, so the Mi will provide an idea of activity outside of those, and as long as its error amount stays consistent I can compare the data across days fine.

Went for a walk today, Endomondo said 5 miles while Mi counted 4.5 miles of steps.

It's main use for me is to track sleep though.

It's £10, the FitBit and Garmin and others are 10x more expensive. If you want to spend that money on a more expensive way of guessing how far you have walked, be my guest :p

Soldato
How are you finding the Ducky Secret? Been thinking about one as a replacement for MX518. Hard to tell from looking at pics but is it all covered in that "rubberised" stuff, same as the sides of the MX518 or is it just matte plastic?

Really like it, probably the best mouse i have used and i've used quite a few.

It's all plastic, made out of BPT but it doesn't feel slippy.
Has probably the best gaming sensor you can get and sadly not used that often anymore.
Switches feel nice on it, not lose and not too heavy.
Its a nice size too for me, as a hybrid palm/claw grip user.

All in all love it.

Associate
I've zero interest in counting absolute steps. Anything mounted to your wrists is going to have a margin of error. I use GPS apps for walking and cycling, so the Mi will provide an idea of activity outside of those, and as long as its error amount stays consistent I can compare the data across days fine.

Went for a walk today, Endomondo said 5 miles while Mi counted 4.5 miles of steps.

It's main use for me is to track sleep though.

It's £10, the FitBit and Garmin and others are 10x more expensive. If you want to spend that money on a more expensive way of guessing how far you have walked, be my guest :p

Which band is this? The pulse version or the standard one?

They seem to be nearer £25 on amazon

Caporegime
Standard. I couldn't find a Pulse that didn't look dodgy (fakes are rife, do not buy one from eBay, litterallly every single one is a fake).

This is the one I got: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00...ds=mi+band&dpPl=1&dpID=41oqSJIotIL&ref=plSrch, as I have Prime and it seems safer than the shops selling them for £10 plus postage.

Xaiomi is a scary large company. 3rd largest smartphone manufacturer in the world (behind Samsung and Apple) and 2nd largest wearables manufactrer behind FitBit. The latter is even more impressive when you realise the Mi Band is the only wearable they make. Yet they are practically unheard of outside of Asia. They sold something like 10 million Mi Bands in 2015.

Last edited:
Associate
Lol, no :p

Muffin is halved and a slice of cheese inserted. Cheese filled muffin in the toastie machine / press and egg micro-poached

Egg placed on toasted cheese filled muffin to catch and absorb runny yoke in muffin / cheese / yoke and tobasco sauce taste sensation :D
Thanks for the reply.

I shall be trying this.

Soldato
Mobile rig complete. Sounds amazing as one would expect

20160208_113145_zpsnqn5ar19.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom