Who owns a Mondeo ST220 / ST TDCI?

Associate
IMG_6925.jpg

IMG_6908.jpg

got most my bits ready for my service.

I thought I pressed 2 bottles on coolant but looks like I didn't. luckily ECP is free delivery so I'm not too fussed.

that's my Saturday sorted, just serviced my wifes street ka today, was a piece of cake other then the stupid fuel filter bracket wouldn't come off and did my 200sx on the sat just gone.

Associate
so, thought I would do the oil when I finished work.

drained oil etc and only too late realized I have the wrong oil filter, quick nip to local parts shop and he says he can get one in an hour.

fair enough, I thought whilst I wait ill crack on with the spark plugs, the front 3 of the V are easy as pie, the back 3......

euuuuuggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh. had to take most the engine bay apart, air filter unto throttle body was taking off, strut brace was removed and then to top it off, ford hid screws at the back of the inlet manifold!!! took me ages to find the sod.

after about an hour of faffing finally got the inlet off and changed the last 3 plugs, went and collected my oil filter from my local auto store and proceeded to try and get everything put back, the inlet manifold looked like it was going on so well, until the last bolt wasn't lining up, eugh! after more faffing got that back on and everything else was easy enough.

did the oil and thank the gods it started with no misfires or warning lights!.

now that I know what I'm doing I think I could do all 6 sparks in about an hour

Last edited:
Associate
Ok so possibly some positive news .....

Took it to another place, independent body shop. They checked the car, and couldn't see any chassis damage. What they did find, was the rear subframe was out of alignment. This is something the seller told me he had changed due to worn bushes, so I can only assume it was put back in incorrectly.

Its going back in next Tuesday to have it realigned, and then a full tracking done.

Fingers crossed .......

Soldato
OP
Subframe bushes are almost a certain requirement on these, so let's hope that it was just that they were done by a numpty and once sorted it will drive nicely. I know when I had mine changed it felt a lot tighter to drive :).

Associate
anyone know another name for a purge valve?.

Got the emmisions purge valve error code comming up and the only purge valve i can find is on ebay, 2nd hand for £70.

Hoping theres another name for it.

If no one knows ill pop into ford and ask them.

Back
Top Bottom